Kevin Steele will be named New DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerz0202, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Posting links I think actually helps the site with google search rankings.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It won't make a dramatic difference if hes got a good amount of content coming through on the news page. I've never visited it having my own set up. Every thread has a link.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

At a point there was some backlash on smaller sites about content and copyright
    No different than XOS Digital being bad about it when they took over SEC Digital a few years back

4. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Terry I think what they are talking about is base. You can run many combos from a base, slip safeties, corners, and lb in many different positions to defend what the offense is doing. Remember a few years ago we ran four defensive ends up front on third and long yardage to get speed to the qb. I forget what we called it but they had a name for that package. Being a Bama fan you should have seen Nick do this, he brings crap from all over the field at you. I think that's one of his strengths is the way he can hide what his defense is doing by mixing the package.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

One of the benefits of the Mustang that @LSUDad mentioned earlier is how many different disguises come from that package; it isn't/wasn't the base Chavis ran either.

This past season there were two SEC games where Bama was in a base; LSU and UArk. There were times against Miss State the team was in base though it wasn't often. The rest of the time they were running what was essentially a 4-2-5 and even then it was from a personnel package of a 3-4.

I am looking forward to spring camp, if, for anything, to see what kind of approach KS brings.

$TigerFan$ and LSUDad like this.
  6. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Me too! It will be interesting to see how our new coaches use our personnel.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I agree, links should be in a contrasting color and boldfaced or underlined. I manually do this routinely to make the links visible. Maybe @BRETT can make the change when it is convenient.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
    tirk and LSUDad like this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Easy to do. @BRETT

Appearance> Style Properties> TigerFan New > Message Elements > User Generated Link & User Generated Link (hover)

#a64dff gives you the color red has used.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Haven't seen this posted yet. Mike Detillier is usually spot on when it comes to LSU and Scott Long has a really good interview with him about Steele and Yaw Yaw. The part about Haley and his DL development are exactly what I've been saying for years.

"Mike: We will find out real quick. C’mon, not all those guys were overrated. It boils down to coaching good techniques. Other than Bennie Logan and Ego Ferguson a year ago, very few Tiger linemen really developed to their potential at LSU under Brick. Brick is a terrific recruiter, really a good guy, and really one of the best in the South as a recruiter, but there is a reason he got fired with the Chicago Bears. Just check into that. Players on that team told the coach he didn't know the finer points of coaching defensive linemen at that level. You are going to see a difference, especially from a technique standpoint. Leverage, hand usage and that quick “snap” off the snap is what has been lacking upfront from the Tiger defensive line. What we saw late was talent just getting more experience and better use of their talent from Christian LaCouture and Devon Godchaux."

http://www.dandydon.com/Mike_Detillier_on_LSU_Recent_hires_Steele_Orgeron.php

The hiring of O wasn't a home run, it was a walk off grand slam IMO! Steele has potential, but I'm still very skeptical of his hire, although I definitely wish him the best. I also like what Mike has to say about the impact on this years recruiting class even so late in the game.

"Mike: Scott, believe me, Coach O and Kevin will make a difference in 2015. Just watch. Coach O knows the players in Louisiana in 2015 and beyond. Take my word on that. He has kept up closely with the recruits and he will go after recruits that have committed elsewhere. Coach O, Frank, Kevin and the others will make a difference in 2016, but watch what happens late for LSU in this recruiting class."

I really hope Mike is right again as he usually is and thanks to Scott for geting the interview. As a long time Dandy reader I know Don would be proud.

shane0911, LSUDad and red55 like this.