Key to the season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Aug 20, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this begs the question...did you pronounce it Wen-dell or wenduhl. I said the former while ever NFL announcer said the latter. sounded better. heh

2. DaNutria

DaNutria Founding Member

I always pronounced it Wenduhl in normal conversation, but if I wanted to make it sound "flashy" it was Wen-DELL :grin:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

how sad was it blowing both knees out at that crap vet's stadium. he shoulda won his lawsuit...i presume he lost? man, he was great. todd ellis and sterling sharpe in Gator Bowl had nothing on he and Hodson. simply awesome.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You hit the nail on the head Red. I'm not worried about the defense. They will be great. The offense might start the season off a little slow for what most of us want but they will come around with either Randall growing into the role the way Mauck did or Russell or Flynn doing the job. We have a great O line and the best combination of running backs in the country.

I would really hate to see the Tigers lose a game they should have won because of a bad punt or a missed field goal from close range.

5. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I also fear our kicking game. Last year if it werenot for DJ it would have been terrible. Never knowing whois kicking or what to expect. Now I fear that when we punt it will be a hold your breath situation

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Punting ... I forgot about that ... the punters are looking much, much better in practice and seem to have gotten over that crap they suffered from in the Spring game ... man, that was atrocious, huh

One coaching improvement suggestion for LSU ... and I'm sure Saban is already aware of it ...

Never ... ever again ... let a kid like our punter Pat Fisher start a season without experience ... you've gotta take the risks and let them kick a few during the "Blowout" games ... this kid suffers from a mental block and "fear" of performing in front of 90K+ ... "deer in the headlights" syndrome.

Had LSU let this kid kick a few last year ... he would probably be more settled down now as a sophomore after sitting for 2 years without game action

Place kicking should remain the same as last year ... Little Gaudet should deliver again ... mediocre, nothing to scream about