Keyes To Run For Senate in Illinois

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by freddy, Aug 6, 2004.

1. freddy

freddy Founding Member

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/06/il.keyes.gop.ap/index.html

I have always liked Keyes despite the fact that I am not a Republican, but this seems a little suspect. First, why not run for senate in his own state. I know a lot of people got on Hillary for moving to New York to run for senate, but at least she didn't jump in the race 3 months before the election. Second, I will admit the democrats at times have played race politics, but this seems to be the same thing, just done by Republicans. Although Keyes is a brillant man, I believe the main reason he was choosen to run in Illinois was because of his race.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah i heard about it yesterday and was remembering how he bashed hillary for not running in her home state and how she should be removed, etc.

he has a bright mind and i like him as well but this does smell.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

1st of all Alan Keyes wasn't 1st lady of the white house.

2nd Most people don't like Hillary including alot of Dems, she is a witch!

I don't care where Keyes decides to run, In reverse, if Hillary can run in New York why
    shouldn't Keyes run in Illinois.

I always have said that I liked Alan Keyes, I learned about him and his views from his
    show on MSNBC.

I would vote for him in a heartbeat for president or any office, he's brilliant!
    I do think he could be the 1st black American president, that is if Colin Powell doesn't
    run or make it first!

4. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Freddy -
    The GOP needed a new candidate when Jack Ryan was forced to drop out about a month ago over sex club allegations (when he was married to the extraordinarily beautiful Jeri Ryan). This is why 3 months out they chose a new candidate.
    The only thing I dislike about this is Keyes himself absolutely blasted Hillary, and I mean tore her a new one over doing exactly this! This pretty much makes Keyes a hypocrite. I still hope he can pull it off, but I would think the deck is stacked against him with supposed democratic savoir Obama running against him.

5. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Maybe he did trounce on Hillary running in New York and the Republicans are now doing a good for the goos good for the gander thing. I don't know what the residency requirements are in Ill. Doubt he will win they are just trying to find anybody to run.

Democrat Republican just the same I think you should be a resident for at least 2 years prior to running for office. But I guess that for the voters in that state to decide.