Kids homework

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is your principal Roger Goodell?

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No. Jerry Jones.

Bengal B and StaceyO like this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The fundraising stuff gets on my last nerve. As a teacher, I feel like I do enough in the way of providing for other people's kids at my job. When it comes to school, one can definitely get nickled and dimed to death. At least in the ballet company my daughters are in, we knowing, going in, that we will be making a lot of "donations." That's better to me that selling some worthless crap.

And is that principal for real? Good grief...

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When I was in school they would give us all a box of Worlds Finest Chocolate Bars that some idiot thought we would go out and sell to raise money for whatever it was they wanted to raise money for. It was pretty good chocolate so I suppose the only ones sold were the ones we ate and our parents had to pay for.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I guess they can forget about "King of the Mountain".

StaceyO likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I always took the minimum single box. My mom just took the box of chocolate to her office and put it on her desk. People kept coming in and taking a bar and putting a dollar in the box until it was gone. Took about 3 days. But there were always a few kids who sold a thousand candy bars to get the incentive prizes. They made up for the lazy people like me.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I doubt that. Jerry Jones is very handsy.
    I don't mind the fundraising so much I just hate the buying and selling of crap and my neighbors kids coming to my door with a sheet. I also can't stand girl scout cookie season. Ok, so I guess I don't like it. But I understand it. Schools need money that the state used to give them.

You're lucky. When they play tag at my kids school no one is allowed to be "it".

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The next thing will be to outlaw the shotgun offense in high school football. Or to just outlaw football. What a nation of pussies we are becoming

StaceyO likes this.
  9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Can they break their wrists?

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

School districts and the state need to cut out the waste before they come to me looking for more. Stacey is right...we get nickel and dimed to death all year long. I laugh at what we pay for these days compared to when I was a kid. I buy things for the classroom and teachers when I can. I will not be a pimp and have my kids going door to door for the school.

So stupid. When playing handball, the ball must bounce twice before it hits the wall. Yea, don't want the kids to actually hit the ball hard. And no bouncing the ball while walking to and from the rental shack.

What really set everyone off was the new drop off/pick up rules. Parents may not take their child to the classroom or pick them up there. Parents must wait in the parking lot or on the blacktop. There were all kind of lost kids and pissed off parents that first week. Don't have much of a dog in that hunt anymore as my son is in 6th grade and I only go on campus for teacher meetings but I get why everyone was pissed.