Kiffin and Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chase4LSU, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy Solid LSU Supporter

Les is the right guy for our program, and for the future!
    :geaux:

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Some think that the football program is slowly going backwards under Miles. Kitten will have the USC program back to their dark ages at lightening speed.

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Was just reading on ESPN that Muschamp turned down the Tennessee job. Even though "money was not an issue", Muschamp said he was wasn't interested and planned on being at Texas for a long time.

Article said David Cutcliffe seems to be the prime candidate now with Derek Dooley from La. Tech and Kevin Steele, Clemson's Def. Coord. also being considered. :LSU231:

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

very much so. and its not just kitten, its o. i think o has escaped some of the blame because he has been in the background. but he has very much been a part of what happened at both usc and ut with kitten.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

all of this is very much why i want to see miles get some problems corrected, and keep him.

we know what we have in miles. if he can get talent around him with asst coaches i dont mind a ceo type hc. as long as he is clean. as long as we dont have to worry about recruiting violations.

as long as we dont have to worry about replacing him and making the fatal mistake of picking a kitten.

the tenn fiasco has made me believe even more you try your best to make what ya got successful, espcially if they are not someone who is going to bring down the hammer on your program and who shows the ability to be successful. it could take tenn years to get over the damage done by kitten.

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Agree. No doubt it will take a while for the Vol's program to recover from the Kitten/Ogre fiasco. Additionally, there doesn't seem to be a lot of top-notch coaching talent knocking down the doors of the Tennessee Athletic Dept. trying to get the job at the present time. Will be interesting to see who they end up with. Dooley would be a great pick, IMO, but don't think he'll get it. :LSU231:

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yeah i agree with Okie's perspective also. We know what we have with Miles, we have a dedicated Coach, who loves our university, and our state. He is absolutely money when it comes to recruiting in the SEC and the south. His only problems are in game problems, which can be fixed easily. I want him to succeed and i want him to win, and i want him to be at LSU for a long time if he can do that. I wouldn't want to sell our souls to buy some young brash, villain as a coach.

Give me Miles a thousand times before Meyer, and Kiffin.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Yet, there are fans who think otherwise. They would kill to see him fail so that we could have the possibility of going thru what UT is going thru now.

9. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

This is my opinion also. It seems like the majority of fans are on board with Miles for the most part, or have respect for him. There are some though that want him to fail, and since he is the coach of LSU and what his success or failure is displayed on the field, want LSU to fail too. Not to say that everyone who has criticism of Miles falls in here, but many do, and should probably cheer for schools that have their ideal coach.:geaux:

10. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

fixed it!