Kiffin out at Alabama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And the baby-back ribs

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Get in my belly.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Maybe. I don't know. I have things I suspect; things I doubt as well. All of those don't come down to Sark. In fact, few of them do. IE: I'm not a big fan of a zone blocking, "'finesse your opponent' to that spot" approach on the offensive line.

This is one of those coaching moves that's fun to watch, a waste of time to get really involved with. There are far too many people that want to tell a story that the story gets lost. There's one thing about assistant coaching hires. If you are hearing a lot of names it's not a good thing. It's seldom agents or those close to head coaches--like we see with those hires.

It's hard to find games where a team only scores 10 points when I look around. I can think of three games over the last ten years where Bama has been held to 10, or less. Two of those against LSU. Over the same period I know of three games where LSU has been held to 10 or less. I'm guessing there's ... 10, total, maybe? Between the two teams ... maybe 15 games out of 225+?

IMO, it's still a combination of the three: trinity of football. Look at last years playoffs and you'll likely find all four teams in the top 15 in total defense, probably scoring defense as well. I'd have to look.

Pjoe likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Washing that down with the tears of his players and coaches. And a little Debbie for dessert.

furduknfish likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Taking an OC in the pros isn't exactly a lateral. Going to a team in the NFL with a ton of offensive talent makes sense. Saban will find the next broken man to make his OC; that Bama hack says Chip Kelly.

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Thanks, forgot about LD.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I don't know who you're calling a hack, but Chip Kelly ... it never has been ... it's just not logical. It's not feasible. I don't know how any LSU fans would give that a thought. I don't know how any Bama fan would either.

It's a fun storyline, I suppose. In a sense, no different than those teasing Tennessee fans about Jon Gruden a few years ago. Another name with zero possibility.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Money is on Napier who was WR coach at Bama and just took job at Arizona St.

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

fanatic likes this.
  10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You must go by 'Chip' on that site. :D

Bengal B likes this.