Kiffin out at Alabama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 2, 2017.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

This is a lot more like "get the fuck out of here right the fuck now " than "lets agree to do what's best for both teams". Saban doesn't give a shit about Kiffin's new gig with a NC on the line. Saban the control freak must be more than just pissed to do this now. He's willing to give up a consistent routine and process that got him to the NC game just to get rid of Kiffin. I'm really glad Florida Atlantic removed the burden of us having to deal with Kiffin's shit. Even as O's friend I think it would only be a matter of time before the "Kiffin" in him would have come out and caused team issues.

el005639, didit, ROY_LA_CA and 4 others like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

You think the undisciplined flake thing is an act? Hasn't he been this way since day 1? I hope your post was sarcastic.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So should we pencil in Cutty Sark as the next head coach of FAU? Lane seems to be doing a good job of keeping a seat warm for him.

kluke likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

True. I think it gives Bama a big advantage. No way he could be putting in the necessary time at both places. Initially, I was one who thought him staying was the right thing.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Kiffen and Sark know one another well enough- plus Sark being on staff all year- that I'm thinking Sark to OC will be smooth. No coincidence Saban had him in the wings. Saban leaves NOTHING to chance.

6. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I believe Kiffin forced Saban's hand to make a move. It also puts a ton of immediate pressure on Sarkisian.. Imagine if the new anointed son doesn't bring home the title? That should be a fun offseason. Lane gets to eat popcorn and watch them angry at Sark, himself (he was never going to get a parade or a statue from Bama nation anyway), and maybe question Saban a bit for the timing of the move.

Saban worked with McElwain and with Smart both getting head gigs elsewhere to the title. So what was different here? Saban would have made the move to Sark over Kiffin when he got the FAU job if he felt Sark was the best option. Why now?

I think Kiffin forced his hand after Lane got everything he wanted.

Immature? Yes. Unprofessional? Yes. Typical Kiffin? You bet.

Saban hired the guy knowing who he was. Saban can only blame himself if it goes sideways at the end for Lane being Lane.

mctiger, Winston1, lsu-i-like and 5 others like this.
  7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I don't care how anyone spins it, the OC leaving week before NC game is mondo-bizarre. Sooo glad Kiffen is not headed this way.

Winston1, lsu-i-like, kluke and 5 others like this.
  8. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

I know we all think saban is a mad genius but lets just put this out there. What if just maybe kiffin is doing what almost any one else would do in a similar situation, phone it in to give his boss one last "f you". He has his contract, his immediate future is set but the gumps are the one's with some question marks. I don't think this is saban getting out ahead of things or saban having a plan. This is saban doing damage control, kiffin is now a toxic employee with no real motivation to perform. Yea he can go out and coach for a NC but I think (biased on his comments) this would be like eating a shit sandwich for him now. Also what would be better way to pay an ass like saban back but "accidentally" helping the team stubble right at the finish line? I don't know if kiffin is that big of a douche to give up a NC to screw saban but hell he had to put up with ass chewings routinely on national TV for several years now. I wouldn't put it past him.

Secondly I will be interested to see if sark can get his mind right under these pressures, my first thought is unless he has a great support structure we might watch an awesome meltdown. Yes sark might be a great oc and frankly I liked the guy when he was up in UW but the one thing that is stronger than anyone can predict is addiction. This is a pressure cooker situation, if he doesn't win the NC shit will spin out of control fast. I frankly cant wait to have my popcorn watching the gump faithful nash their gums (you know because they have no teeth.....its all the meth hell on the teeth) together bitching and moaning.

Winston1 and Brian like this.
  9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Especially after it had been previously announced he was staying until after the game.

HalloweenRun, Brian and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Unlike

HalloweenRun likes this.