Kinda glad game is during the day

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Sep 17, 2003.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

OK, not really but 2:30 is so much better than 11:30. Also, most of our day games in the recent past were missing the hype for various reasons. Either it was Miss St @ 11:30 for JP that was more of a sandwich game or it was a game that the fans/players may have had a tough time getting up for (Ole Miss after the UF 28-21 win). I'm just pumped that this particular day game has the hype and it'll help with gameday encouraging Tiger fans to get out to campus early. With the weather starting to cool off a bit, I'm just trying to look at the glass half-full.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Its not so much that there is daylight out, I just enjoy the day long tailgate. It is just as much a part of the tradition as the game itself.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I can't wait for the party after we defeat Georgia!

4. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

2:30 may be better than 11:30, but too many times in the past, we here in Houston have missed most, if not all, of the first quarter of the LSU game while we waited for Kansas State to complete a blowout of Kansas, or some other such horrible televised Big 12 game. That may have been on ABC - I don't recall. And, it doesn't appear it will be the case this Saturday. Tenn-Fla play a nat. tele game at 11:00 (kickoff shortly after 11:00?) on CBS. That game should be over by the time LSU- Ga kicks off. If not, then I suppose we will miss the beginning of our game.

For me, night games are far better than afternoon games for more than one reason. My son plays youth football (and I coach), and our games start at 2:00 on Saturdays. So, I'll have the VCR going. Then, I'll have to have the discipline to stay away from the TVs and radios until the LSU game is over! I do like watching the Tigers on tape, though. Zip through the commercials and get my very own "instant replays!"

BTW, our team (composed of 6th graders) is 3 - 0, just like the Tigers! We have yet to be scored upon this year. Not only has our D not given up a point, but it has allowed only five total first downs through three games!

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If you are in Louisiana, 90% of the Dad's at the game will have radios glued to their ears. No way you'll be able to stay in that vacuum.

6. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I'm in Texas, so I won't have that problem. I'm usually pretty good about staying in that "vacuum." Any time someone mentions college football, I clamp my hands over my ears and blurt out: "don't say anything about the LSU game, 'cause I'm going to watch it on tape!" I've even gotten pretty good about listening to the radio for updates on other scores and turning it off quickly before hearing anything about the LSU game. That is pretty risky, though...

7. nuttie

nuttie Founding Member

Sometimes cbs will hold kickoff for a few minutes if the early game is running long. They did 2 years ago against Fla.

8. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

With both games being on CBS, and their double-header, ultra-hype, national interest SEC showdowns, I dont think they will miss the LSU-UGA kick-off, which is the marquee game anyway.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Doesn't matter. Florida will be so far ahead they'll pull a "mercy break-away".