Kinda quiet in here today...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by glenlivet12, Nov 15, 2002.

1. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

is this a foreshadwoing of the way Death Valley will be tomorrow night if the Tide comes to play? Come on guys! I know you ALL haven't already left for the game yet! get pumped, it's only about 32 hours til kickoff of one of the best games of the year!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!:D

2. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

sorry dude...lot going on in the state today...

people are working, at school, and also today is the first day of the high school playoffs....me personally I haven't decided if I am going to my old high school West Monroe's game at home against Comeaux or going to see Robert Lane play at home against Minden....wish I can be at both at the same time....and of course the big game tomorrow there is probably alot of ppl traveling today for it....I will Leave monroe about 11 to be in Baton Rouge about 3 and tailgate before I get into my seats in the stadium

3. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

travelling today....

I am heading south to BR today @ 2. I know many people that have left earlier because they have to drive further. Death Valley will be louder tommorrow, you can count on that. I am looking forward to a great game, but it's gonna be cold (another incentive to be yelling my tail off.)

TIGER BAIT, TIGER BAIT......

4. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

glenlivet12, I'm afraid many in La. are getting prepared for the game and the tailgate, traveling, etc., and not posting on message boards. For those of us stuck far away, though, we have no such preparations. Wish that were not the case, but I won't be making the game. Can't wait till next week, though, when I make my triumphant return back to Tiger Stadium after a two year hiatus.

BTW, love the monicker, although why don't you just go high end with the 18 year old stuff?

5. LSUJake

LSUJake Freshman

Sorry to disappoint

I know when I lived in Baton Rouge, it was nothing to begin tailgating this early for a game. Me and my friends would go out to the stadium and park our vehicles so that we were assured a good spot. So Some folks are probably already starting:cool: Sure wish I could be there at the game. I miss not being able to go to every game:( . I will definitely be rooting the Tigers on in my living room though. Geaux Tigers!!!

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I know I saw a couple RV's yesterday going down Lee Drive around 11am with plenty of Bama stuff in the front window. I thought it was awesome that people are showing up that early. I am sure by tonight the RV lots will be jammed. I am going to the store tonight to pick up some last minute stuff for tailgating. We got some people that mark off our spot on the old golf course so I wont have to show up till 11am or so. I am looking for it to be a great day of festivities.

7. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

a lot of the students started tailgating last night. no rvs in the lot on nich. dr. as of 2 a.m. I know at a lot of the bars in tigerland they were trying to get people to start pertying last night so they set up tables in the parking lots and were serving food all night and inviting pepole to stay all night. Can't wait till tomm.

8. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

love the 18 and the 21, but drink the 12 as the everyday stuff because of the bang for the buck and it is always available anywhere (plus i loved it before they sold an 18, 21 or other speical releases). waiting to buy a bottle of the vintage 1967 and see how that compares to the other three

i lived in so ill for a few years and can sympathize with your plight man - tough to be in ugly big10 country where the cold winters are nothing but cold and dreary as you look out at the decapitated corn fields dusted with a few inches of snow...enjoy the trip back to football country next week kand have a scotch or two or three for me!

9. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Thanks, glenlivet, and I agree about your assessment of the 12 year old stuff. I think I'll have to have a glass or two tonight.

It's not too bad up here since I'm just outside Chicago. Although it is primarily Big 11 country (despite Northwestern), there are SEC enclaves in the city, so there are similar fans if you look around. No corn up in Evanston, but plenty of snow and wind. It will be nice to return to SEC land, though.

10. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

I'm jealous, as usual, of those who get to go to the game! I hope that not a single fan in Tiger Stadium tomorrow night takes for granted the fact that they get to be there in person.

In Denver we'll all be getting together this evening to watch the LSU-UK replay on ESPNClassic then going out to meet up with more LSU folks...Tomorrow the party starts at noon. Louisiana is its own local ethnic group up here. There are many of us, and Tiger games bring us together.

We can't be there, but we can sure as hell pretend like we are...

GEAUX TIGERS!!