Kirk Herbstreit showing some love

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I just wanted to mention, for those that say Herbstreit has it out for LSU, that he just listed his top 5 on ESPN and he has LSU at #2. Says that he knows we lost a game, but we're still the best team he's seen play.

He doesn't have Boston College in his top five, saying that they aren't as good on paper as the top five teams. Says they should look out for Va Tech this weekend.

His upset alert for this weekend is South Florida against Rutgers.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

Yeah he's been rough on us over the last few years... but he's starting to recognize us more as a NCAA powerhouse. I think the longer we stay in the National Top 5 or 10 we'll start getting the respect we deserve. It all started with the thrashing we gave Miami in 05.

3. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

I've never been a big fan of Herbie, nor will I ever be, but he is knowledgable about the game and actually takes his job seriously, unlike some of the whack jobs that appear on that College Gameday Live show.

4. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

This is why I've never understood the Herbstreit bashing on TF. No matter what you think you remember, the guy isn't against us now and hasn't always been against us in the past. He has no conspiratorial agenda... really, it's true.

And as for the people who seem to think that he's always giving praise to USC, save it. The reason he does this, just like all other broadcasters/commentators is because all these guys like to talk about teams that are good and winning. And audiences like to hear about it, in general. Just not over-excited, over-analytical, over-dramatic fans.

Herbie has always seemed to me like a guy who calls it like he sees it. And he usually has a well formed argument for whichever way he feels. And if he thinks that the LSU program is still his top one or two team, I'm ok with it. I happen to think he's right, despite the mistakes we've been making as of late.

:geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Herby has OSU at #1 ..... nuff said

1 person likes this.
  6. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Because their the best undefeated team right now. There's nothing wrong with that. If you listen to him, he'll say that the SEC is way better then the Big 10. I like him, he's honest.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

How convenient for you to stop there. He clarified it by saying they (tOSU) were lights out, though they hadn't been tested yet. Said NO TEAM had played to LSU's level.

Doesn't mean much anyway, it'll all be settled on the field Saturday night. Good to see you moving around in here again. :thumb:

8. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Im really good friends with this guy who is friends and graduated from OSU with Herbie. It really does sound like Herbie is a big fan of LSU. He said it's his favorite of the SEC programs. You have to understand that these analyst have opinions; however, have to follow a script to a point. OSU is unbeaten and coming off an appearance in the NCG. No reason why they shouldn't be #1 over USF and BC. Even I cant find a justifiable reason to put a one loss Tiger team above those three at this point. If the Tigers win out....different story.

Oh, and he promised 50 yrd line tickets if the Tigers make it to the NCG, SO LAY OFF :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  9. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

Not sure if I need to cheer for tOSU to win out so if we win out we can play them in th NC game or pull for Mi St to beat OSU this weekend. Hmmmmm? Any feed back? Lost in Columbus, a sea of red and gray..........

10. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

OSU is not the best suited team to face in the NC. Cheer for MSU and if we're meant to be in the NC... then it'll be against a more deserving oppenent as well. I want us to defeat a real team... not a puppet made by the cupcakes of their schedule. To get respect you must earn it... defeating OSU is not a respectable way to win a NC this year. But this is just my opinion.