Kirk Herbstreit showing some love

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Oct 16, 2007.

1. lsufan_in_ohio

lsufan_in_ohio East Ascension High '76

Wow, that is what I call being down right hard on tOSU football team. The talk here in Columbus is "we don't want to face an SEC team but they are making plans to be in NO Jan. 7th. They feel they can win out. Man what I would give to be in Baton Rouge this Sat. Night. last game for me in BR was back in 1998 Idaho State.

2. TigerBill661

TigerBill661 Life is Good

I agree that a Big 10 team is not "IT" this year - but, after the schedule we play, who is? I was really excited about playing USuCk for the NC this year, but that ain't gonna happen. It looks to me like Oklahoma U will again be the best competition from the BCS, but after this topsy-turvy season, who knows. I just hope we are int "the" game to enjoy the victory and continue the SEC dominance in the BCS.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I disagree. Any time you can beat a highly ranked OSU team, it's seen as respectable. Their history and name alone give them their rep, whether it's warrented or not. I wouldn't mind facing them in the Sugar, if we make it.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i want everyone but lsu to lose. :grin:

yesterday morning i was at pt and we were watching espn while the therapist worked on my wrist. herbie came on and was saying lsu was still the best team. we both just stopped what we were doing at sat there speechless while watching. love from herbie. who knew?

5. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

This has just become a thorn in my side. My one goal on TF is to let EVERYONE know that these two games are NOT the same:thumb:

carry on.

1 person likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

My .02 is we should find out a lot about tOSU this weekend. I'm not saying that MSU will beat them, however I do think they will be the best team they have faced to date. The more important thing is for LSU to win, and not worry about what any one else is doing. We handle our business and let the rest play out. Geaux Tigers

7. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

i agree, bigwee. he does know the game and maybe even takes his job a little too seriously at times (though LSU football is very serious business - on the field). whack jobs? let's start with lou holtz. then move to holtz. and don't forget lou holtz.

i think there is truth to what you say here. i think we, as lsu fans and usc non-fans, tend to see every usc comment as something against lsu (even though it most likely is not). it's amazing the rivalry lsu fans feel for usc even though we haven't played them in years (likely the crux of it all - although playing them will just fuel the fire).

i find myself guilty of taking herbies words and internalizing them to lsu. it doesn't help that early this season, for example, he would give props to lsu and immediately throw in props to usc in the same breath. in all actuality, i think he was perhaps just trying to cover the top 2, maybe even in an attempt to not appear biased. but alas, rabid fans that we are, see it as bias to usc.

i wonder now, if herbie gave props to lsu and immediately gave props to #3, #2 or #1 if we would feel that same bias. i think likely not - because we don't see ohio, south florida, or boston college as a "real" threat. does that mean we, at least in the past, see usc as a "real" threat?

i hope that last part doesn't make anyone angry (i know how it gets on TF). i'm just posting some thoughts i've had over the last few days and am curious about the psychology that makes us respond to the media and our team and coaches the way we do.

here's to kicking some war chicken (eagle?) butt in death valley! :geauxtige

8. abt1867

abt1867 Freshman

9. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I will drive or buy the plane tickets!!!