Knee Jerk Reactions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 23, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Man looking at the this forum is pretty funny. You guys are pathetic. Fire Les Miles, Fire Les Miles, Miles sucks, blah blah blah.

Guess what idiots, Auburn is a better team than we are. Cam Newton is the best player in college football. We have a better D than they do, and they just have an offense that is 10,000 times better than ours. The playcalling didn't help out much, but we just didn't execute on offense. And it's that simple. The D was on the field way too long, and did what they could against the monster that is Cam Newton, could have helped if we could tackle but, it is what it is.

I know all of you Miles haters are going to jump on him regarding the 4th down play out of the time out. Stop blaming the head coach. That wasn't Lee's fault, that wasn't Miles fault. It was Russell Shepard and Terrance Toliver's fault. At some point the players are going to have to start being held accountable. Toliver had the worst game of his career. He dropped the first down catch the play before the 4th and dropped a sure touchdown on the right sideline. Randle got his hands on a high throw in the 1st and should have come down with it, instead it bounces off his hands into an Auburn guys hands. At some point the receivers are going to have to help these quarterbacks out, because they have dropped more balls this season than i can remember. Somewhere Brandon Lafell is wiping his brow, going "phweeew, now i won't be remembered as butterfingers."

Just take a step back, breathe, and realize that while this may be a big loss, that's the way it goes sometime. We lost. Get over it. We get a week off and then play Bama. We have an uphill battle and need some help, but we still have alot to play for.

Oh and 1 more thing. Nick Fairlay is the dirtiest player in college football. I have never seen a guy try to drive someone into the ground or lift the quarterback off the ground and body slam them. He is the one who injured Mallett last week, injured Lee this week, drove his helmet into Jefferson's on a false start in the first half, and then picked him up and body slammed him in the 2nd half. Someone needs to take a look at that, and even Gary Danielson said something about it too. He is a cheapshot artist.

2 people like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Fairley also went after Lee's knees and hit him late on that play. Of course it wasn't called. He's a monster, but a cheap shot artist is not a crazy notion given the evidence put forth.

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I missed most of the game today due to a family committment...

Was there a lot of dirty play from Auburn, and did we have another "fine" officiating crew out there?

:geauxtige

4. cheese_nips

cheese_nips Freshman

:thumb:

Agreed. Also, even though I understand that Newton does an AMAZING job at running that type offense, he sure is extremely cocky. Every time he got a first down he would just lay on the ground smiling as if he is saying to himself, "man, I'm too good."

I would much prefer watching Denard Robinson play because he just looks like he is having fun out there, and not trying to draw ALL the attention to himself like Newton does. Newton is obviously a "me me me guy." I don't respect those types of players at all.

:geauxtige

5. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Refs were fine(nh).

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

noticed that too. guess he is getting all the dirty shots in he can before he is fined to death in the NFL. He will have to collect game checks just to pay off fines in the NFL.

7. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Auburn was a better team for 1 reason only... and it wasn't Cam. If LSU had even an average NCAA offense, LSU would have won.

Every week that goes by without firing or demoting Crowton is just a waste long-term. IMHO

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Agree with everything you said. The Miles haters were just waiting for us to drop a game so they could come out in force.

There's no shame in losing when you give it everything you have and the team you lose to is just better. I know the playcalling sucked, but when you have ineptness at QB, you playbook is going to be limited and you're forced to call the plays that you're QBs can execute. We had 5 3&outs to start the 2nd half and had great field position on each of those drives. The defense was on the field the whole 2nd half and, although they gave up a ton of yards, I think it speaks volumes to how good they are that they only gave up 24 pts, despite giving up nearly 500yrds.

This lose is not on Miles. Its because we don't have a serviceable QB. And AU is just the better team. Period.

And, I hope the SEC looks at game tape of Fairley. He was unblockable today, but he absolutely is a cheap shot artist.

9. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

there was a fair amount of dirty play.

The officiating - no matter what else it was - was probably the fairest I've seen at Jordan-Hare.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Amen sir...