Knee Jerk Reactions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 23, 2010.

1. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Hahaha.
    Put any QB you want back there, the results are going to be basically the same.

If you have a decent OC, Lee has the arm to get you a championship.

2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

+1 - LaSalle is absolutely correct in all regards. :geaux:

3. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

+2

Also, another postive to come out of the loss is there is absolutely no reason to keep Crowton around next season after his contract expires. Miles needs to find a great OC like he did with Chavis as DC, and let those two guys run team while he sticks with recruiting.

4. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

Your post is IDIOTIC, not the critics of Miles. You're ignoring the obvious. Read my thread if you haven't. You can't look past that.

My point as well as others are just simply reiterated more frequently after a loss. You need to wake up and realize that the extremely incompetent coaching is holding this team back.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Wrong as usual and you don't even realize it. It's because the QBs we have can't execute the entire playbook. Flynn didn't have any trouble with it. Russell didn't. Why can't your pea brain process the fact that we have to scale back the playbook because our QBs suck?

6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I am going to go and let all you guys discuss how if you just had a QB the offense would be great. Sorry guys, the sooner LSU lets Crowton go, that will be the first step to recovery.

Crowton collapsed the offense in 2008 and completely evaporated it in 2009... end of story... demote Crowton immediately, fire him after the season. Sorry when you are basically the worse offense, not much harm can come to it at this point.

7. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Sorry Crowton has done this EVERYWHERE he has gone.... I said last year the offense was destroyed.... now I am wrong.... sorry buddy, put Joe Montana back there and you are going to get the same basic results.

Or are you a relative of Crowton?

I am going to enjoy my weekend, next game the O will look just as bad.

8. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

It was a total team loss. The defense was not even close to their normal selves. Auburn got a lot of yards after contact(which is not shocking with Newton and his size). Auburn also didn't pass very much, which takes PP out of the game. Even if he doesn't get INT's, he normally forces passing teams to go to the opposite side. Auburn had no need to pass, and neutralized our best player. Nevis didn't have a good game, nor did any of the DL. The linebackers didn't have a good game. Overall it was just a bad game.

Offensively it was just as bad. The drops were bad, the line didn't have any good pass protection. The play calling was bad. I didn't think they needed to stop running up the middle until Auburn was A) winning by a lot or B) stopping the run. They did neither, yet they felt the need to go to the outside. JJ's 2nd quarter drive and the lateral to Ware pass to RR was the only thing the offense did all day.

Special teams was actually fantastic all the way around. We had the field position but couldn't do anything with it.

I guess with the 7-0 start people lose their minds after a loss, but the season is far from over. There's no reason that we can't come out strong against Alabama and challenge them. There's no reason that we can't go undefeated at home and let a BCS bid depend on a win at Arkansas. @Auburn is the toughest game we have this year, and we couldn't get it done. It's really a shame UK couldn't get a win over them, because it's going to take 2 losses by them to get us to the SECCG.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I try not to read garbage.

2 people like this.
  10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Here's my knee-jerk reaction. If Miles does not make big changes on offense in the offseason, and that includes firing Crowton and Studrawa, he WILL be responsible for the continuing problems of this offense. It always seems like Les' responsibilities are some Buddhist mystery. He's either responsible for everything or nothing, and there's no in-between. We have an OC who hasn't developed a real QB in 3 years and can't gameplan for squat. That's his responsibility. We have a line coach whose players get eaten for lunch by good D-lines. That's his responsibility. It is, however, Les' fault that said OC and line coach are still around after such an enormous decline in productivity.