Knee Jerk Reactions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 23, 2010.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Overall this team isnt well coached. Weve seen LSU under perform for three straight seasons. This isnt a knee jerk reaction, its a culmination of three years of frustration. LSU has too much talent to struggle. Add to that the personnel problems. Miles deserves criticisms.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's 1 loss dude. Cam Newton just dominated. The gameplan wasn't great, and we had poor quarterback play, and poor receiver play, but Cam Newton just Shaun Alexander'd us.

3. LaSalleAve

no one is above criticism, that's for sure, but this was a total team loss. what happened on the field today has nothing to do with the last 2 seasons. 400 yards rushing on LSU, how many times has that happened? I mean where does it stop? Is Chavis going to have to worry about the talking heads calling for his job now too? Sh!t happens.

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

OK, then tell me how we're going to handle Bama, because they present many of the same problems as Auburn. We have no idea how to move the ball against their defense. Their O-line will outmuscle our D-line, so no penetration or disruption in the backfield. They have 2 backs who can run over our 2nd level D if they don't learn how to tackle. And they have a QB who is on par with Newton in passing the ball. Maybe we can come up with something during the bye week, but these are systemic problems that go beyond just having one bad game.

5. Rece@2022

Rece@2022 Founding Member

Russell never had Crowton....Flynn and Russell had Jimbo who DEVELOPED his QBs...Flynn was able to digest Crowton in 2007. We need something on O and its not just coordinator or QB, the whole unit is just discombobulated.

6. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

+++THIS

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Three years of underachieving doesnt have you fed up yet with Miles? LSU is not a well coached team. Auburn dominated the second half because of better adjustments. I give you the players looked like crap, but I think thats a reflection of the teams moral. How can you be excited to play for this team? Be honest. As a lifelong LSU fan Im not sure Id want to play here under Miles. The O and play calling are beyond piss poor. Auburns pass D sucks yet LSU still only dinked the damn ball all game. This rotating QB play dont work, there is no rhythm. I could go on and on. I cant wait till Miles is out of here. LSU will never reach their potential under him.

1 person likes this.
  8. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I can be excited playing for the team because they were undefeated playing another undefeated team. If you can't get excited for it, there's something wrong with ya.

9. LaSalleAve

We have 2 weeks to figure that out. Alabama is not going to run on us like Newton did. This team is going to be hungry. The coaches just have to figure out a way to move the football. We all knew we had inept quarterback play coming into this game, thats the cards we have. The 2 quarterbacks aren't playing great, but our entire offense isn't playing great. Receivers are dropping balls all over the place, and when you have poor quarterback play, your 5 star players have to bail them out, and ours didnt.

I don't understand why we just abandoned Stevan Ridley up the middle, we were at our best tonight when Jefferson was moving to his right, and Ridley was running up the gut. And we just abandoned it and tried to get too cute.

It's the SEC, you can't expect to beat everyone. I still think that we are legit, and we still have a shot at the SEC, and if not, a nice season and a BCS game.

10. LaSalleAve

the players feel the exact opposite. they all love thier head coach. and i would love to play for a guy like him. he is a positive guy, who has his players backs.