Knee Jerk Reactions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 23, 2010.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I'm sure Hallman's players loved playing for him too. They're not called "players' coaches" for nothing. That doesn't mean they're good coaches.

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I'm not a Miles fan because of his blind loyalty in stubbornly sticking with players and coaches who suck. But he's not the primary direct reason for this loss. Primarily it was because Cam Newton ran through our defense like rancid Indian food through a sensitive colon. But even with his amazing performance, the D only gave up 24. Yet our last in the SEC offense (again) only scored 17. Who's to blame for that since it is an every year occurrence for 3 straight seasons? It's not Gary Crowton because he's doing what he's done since he's been here. He ain't gonna become an offensive genius anytime soon. The fact that he's still allowed to be here running the offense into the ground consistently for 3 seasons is 100% on Leslie Miles unless he's being told from higher up that he's not allowed to fire him. So ultimately it is Les in the bigger picture. Is there some logical argument I'm missing as to why Miles isn't responsible for allowing Crowton to continue to consistently stink it up offensively?

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

so now we are comparing Miles to Hallman? Really?

4. Rece@2022

Rece@2022 Founding Member

knee jerk reaction---run the triple option. Watching AF shred TCU with it and its hard to defend on a reg game week. We have the backs and its about the only way JJ would succeed. well, maybe until we get a REAL QB....

5. lsudolemite

You brought up the fact that Les' players love playing for him. That in itself doesn't necessarily make Les a good coach. That doesn't change the very real, serious problems he has in hiring qualified assistants, managing a clock, and making in-game adjustments. That's the point I'm making.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I never said that makes him a good coach, i was simply replying to a post that said, that the person wouldn't want to play for miles, and i said the players feel the opposite.

7. lsudolemite

Fair enough.

8. hklsu777

hklsu777 Veteran Member

I think what you say is right on the mark. The defense gave up over 400 yards rushing and couldn't get off the field. Auburn was the better team today. That doesn't mean LSU in not in the top 2 or 3 in the nation.

P.S. the punting and punt coverage was excellent and JJ did have a better day than usual.
    :geauxtige

9. hklsu777

hklsu777 Veteran Member

That's Pulitzer material IMHO. :yelwink2:

10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

It's hard to argue with that - so I won't. :geaux: