Know who you vote for

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Apr 6, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

For you Kerry supporters, it's important that you understand what type of person this is that you want to be our next President. There's a revealing column by Mona Charen in today's paper.

Here's the link to the entire column:

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/charen.html

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Thanks for posting this, SF.

Unfortunately the audience you're targeting, i.e., Kerry supporters, will turn a deaf ear to this because none of it matters to them. All that matters to them is getting George Bush out of the White House in November. In posting this, you're assuming the large portion of them to be rational in political thought, when the fact of the matter is, if they were rational in political thought, they probably wouldn't be supporting John Kerry in the first place...
    no matter how badly they wanted to be rid of President Bush.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We must continue our efforts to educate the uninformed.

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I agree...but uninformed is one thing, illogical and irrational is quite another.
    Hopefully the undecided swing vote in the middle will see this, because Kerry's supporters (or should I say Bush haters) are going to vote for Kerry
    no matter what. I've never seen such vitriol toward a sitting President, especially in a time of crisis.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I guess the Dems are trying to get back at us because of the hatred we had toward Clinton.
    I do think that some of the other side are informed they just hate Bush so much that nothing else matters but to get him out of office.

I think its rather funny that Kerry disappeared for a while because I haven't heard anyone that supports Kerry argue about what he would do for the country.
    I don't think he has any agenda other than taking over the White House.

Its all about getting rid of George Bush.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Speaking as a non-affiliated swing vote I can say this: I have many reservations about Kerry. But it's him or Bush and I don't want any more of Bush. Kerry couldn't possibly do worse.

Bush lied to us to get us into a war we did not need. Meanwhile Osama runs free and the Koreans (who do have WMD's!) are getting ready for a showdown that Bush is again unprepared for. Our 1999 surplus has gone to tax breaks for the filthy rich and Bush's unprecedented national debt will take decades to reverse. Our allies no longer trust us, and I don't trust this President.

I don't think Kerry has all of the answers, and he sure will be handed a mess to deal with, but we need a change at the top.

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

If George Bush lied to get us into this war, then he's the most inept liar I've ever seen. If you're going to lie about the existence of WMD, why wouldn't you have some WMD ready to plant to cover your butt when none are found? It would certainly be easy enough to do, don't you think? Cops have been known to plant weapons on suspects they shot in order to cover themselves...how much easier would it be for POTUS to do so and keep it quiet?

Maybe the intel was bad, maybe Pres. Bush was lied to by people he trusted...I don't know. Maybe they ARE still out there and we'll just never find them. It's a big desert and you can bury an awful lot out there. But for this main reason, the one I mentioned above, I just don't buy into the idea that we were lied to by this man.

I benefitted from the Bush tax plan. I made $46,000 last year...and worked my ass off for every penny. Does that sound filthy rich to you? In this day and time? To me, filthy rich is when your money works FOR YOU...not
    vice versa. So so much for THAT myth propagated by the class warriors.

8. BullSam

BullSam Freshman

Bush vs. Kerry

I'm not wild about the job Bush has done, but I feel sure that he will do a much better job than John Forbes Kerry. There is no doubt in my mind
    that we all will be better off in 4 years if Bush is re-elected than if Kerry is elected.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

And unless something really disastrous happens, that's not going to be enough to get Kerry elected.

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Good post. I concur with you on all counts.