Kobe

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by shane0911, Apr 17, 2016.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I will admit, I'm a fan and it was time for him to hang it up.

So...

1. Who has seen the commercial, the one where they parody the Otis Redding tune and what do you think of it?

Strikes me as funny but extremely egotistical but that is Kobe.

2. Where does he rank all time? I hear top 10-20 all time NBA but I can't say he is even a top 5 Laker so how can he be top 10 NBA?

Geaux!

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm not sure you can make a comparison between top Laker and top NBA. Certainly things like overall contribution to the organization and time with the team have an impact.

Not sure where he ranks all-time but as you say I would find it difficult to put him ahead of Baylor, Kareen, Shaquille, West, or Chamberlain. It's tough anyway, comparing players from earlier eras. The game has changed and so have the players. Kobe for me is probably somewhere around 10-15 NBA all-time.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

If Colorado never happened, does your opinion change on Kobe?

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No. I guess you missed the part about me being a fan. To me, Colorado was as much of a sham as all the other "I invited a famous person to my room and he raped me" bullshit. Poor choice by Kobe sure but I don't think he did much wrong there other than step out on his ol lady.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

@shane0911 No. I didn't miss that part.

I'm curious if he would rank higher on the Laker's list, or the NBA list, if the Colorado thing hadn't happened—which you answered.

FWIW, it's a toss up between Cooper and Horry when it comes to my favorite Lakers. That/those period(s) also marks the last I really paid attention to the NBA.