Korte anyone? (merged Korte threads)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfreshman21, Jul 25, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Re: Could Steven Korte be the answer at HB?

Korte is a beast. He's being used as a RB only this year, which will be interesting to see how much playing time he gets there.

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

He will get lots of PT on Special Teams. With that kind of strait-ahead speed, he has the potential to be a monster head-hunter.

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

alley scored 5 tds against msu not bama.

I don't expect to see Korte except in mop up time as of right now he is also behind shawn jordan who is no slouch.

4. TammanyTiger50

TammanyTiger50 Founding Member

I saw almost every game Korte played his last 2 years of HS, and I can tell you that he scored many long td's after busting straight up the middle, blowing by the linebackers and he would be pulling away from the DB's for the last 20 or 30 yards. No, he probably can't change direction like some of the more nimble, smaller guys, but the speed is real. Whether it's a 4.4, I don't know, but it has to be close to that if not. And I think he has also set several of the team weight lifting records. Size, strength and speed are a deadly combination!

He did play on special teams for the first several games last year before the knee injury, and he got a few touches at FB in a couple of the early season blowouts. I'm looking forward to seeing him do even more this season. LSU!

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The shortest distance between two points?

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Doesn't matter when there's someone standing in the way.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

thats where the 6'3" 240 comes in..

8. jrich71291

jrich71291 Say What?

I got to watch Korte play in his last HS game against West Monroe. He really is a beast between the value and I believe that will be where his value will be for LSU this year, and that is in short yardage situations. In reguards to Hester though, his pass catching ability and better lateral movement (better than Korte, from what I have seen) is what makes him a more viable starter in the backfield. Both are great assets and should get good amounts of playing time if we keep on pace of injuring players on top of the depth chart each year.