Korte taking official visit to Ole Miss

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TammanyTiger50, Jan 14, 2005.

1. TammanyTiger50

TammanyTiger50 Founding Member

I just heard that Steven Korte will be taking an official visit to Ole Miss this weekend. Don't be surprised if he changes his mind and ends up signing with the Rebs.

Their new coach, Ed Orgeron, is a life-long friend of Bobby Hebert (playground, high school and college teammates), and Bobby has undoubtedly put in a good word for Orgeron with Steven's dad, Steve, who was Bobby's former center/guard for years with the Saints.

And with Korte's true desire to play more FB than LB, he probably sees a better chance of that happening at OM. His interest in LSU was primarily based on the Saban/National Champ environment. His dad was a Razorback, so he doesn't have the emotional ties to the Tigers like many other Louisiana kids do.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think he's another good one that we'll lose to the coaching shuffle game. :( :(

:geauxtigs

2. philter

philter Founding Member

Insiders say "no". He is firm LSU, just taking experience trips...he's dreamt of playing for LSU for years.

We need and want him, welcome Steven!

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Don't be all doom and gloom yet, we haven't lost him yet.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I read on another board that Korte would definitely be LSU bound, no matter what visits he takes...