Kregg Lumpkin (starting RB for Georgia Bulldogs) Out for Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Whitey4Man, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Whitey4Man

Whitey4Man Founding Member

Kregg Lumpking tore his ACL in practice on Tuesday in a non-contact drill ending his 2004 season. In my mind a big blow to the bulldogs, ANY comments?? Huge break for other SEC schools, though they still have Michael Cooper who actually out rushed Lumpkin last year, but was not declared the starter this year, Lumpkin was.

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Dupe.

3. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

Hey Whitey, since this is a duplicate thread, I'm gonna hijack it.

How big is Leroy Hill really? I think he's fantastic, but I was trying to project where he would play as a pro and he looks too small to be LB. You guys list him as 6'1" 220, but he looks more like he's under 6' and goes about 210. I don't know if he's fast enough to be a safety. Just curious.

4. Whitey4Man

Honstly since I'm good friends when about five of the Clemson players including the Great Charlie Whitehurst and I hang out with them every now and then and I see Leroy alittle and his height is just alittle over 6 foot(cause I'm taller than him) and his weight I would say in between 210 and 216, and no he's not fast enough for safety in the league. But great run reader, and very smart player makes up for his lack of size. To be honest where he will get picked-you could probably flip a coin, cause if reallly depends on how he does at the NFL combine.

5. Whitey4Man

I have a question for you Gandalf what is up with Geaux, I think that means Go, is that Cajun or what, never heard of it or seen it till this site-fill me in.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Its from our French heritage, as in Bourdreaux

In Louisiana many things that end in the sound ooooo we simply add a eaux at the end to it. Basically its a Lousiana hertitage thing.

7. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Lumpkin wont be missed because David Greene is the most prolific passer in the history of the SEC, nay... All of football, pee wee, high school, college and pro!

Georgia will not have a running game at all by choice. They will ride the golden arm of Mr. Greene to back to back SEC Champi... er, National Champio... uh, winning games...

8. Whitey4Man

I figured in was a Louisiana thing, my roomate in college is from there, and let me tell you, Louisanans are crazy people and I dig that.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I miss it. :cry: :cry:

10. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

FYI, Geaux is not a French word, so it doesn't traslate to anything, it's just pronounced like "go". I like to use fvck 'em up or kick their a$$ myself, at least it means something.

By the way, it's gonna be very interesting to see if Whitehurst comes out after this year. He's a big boy and he has a strong arm, it's a weak QB class this year IMO, so he might do well in the draft. Has he said anything?