Kyle Anderson newest commitment for LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Aug 11, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i agree. we have depth on the def. line.

2. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Tirk,
    That line by Nicholson was better than Here's Johnny! He really owned cruise there, and I would of let him go for kicking his ass like that. Now I wish that he would go off on certain politicians, if you know what I'm saying.
    TE recruits are always funny, because they can do different positions. If he is really athletic, I would love to see him stay TE because at that speed, few LB's could keep up with him, and would be like LaFleur. I too hope that LSU keeps recruiting Farr, because he is surely a stud.

3. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

No way!! If the guy's that big and that fast, he's gonna end up a LB or DE. TE just doesn't have that much of an impact on the game IMO. That's why you move a guy like Spears to DE. It wasn't because he couldn't catch, and it wasn't because we were bereft of DE's, it was because he could have a huge impact on the game. Either that, or you use the guy like Texas used Lovell Pinkney a couple years ago as a huge fast wide receiver who is just a matchup nightmare. If you stick him inside, they can bump him with a DE and an OLB before he can get off the line, but if he's outside, he's one on one with a 190 pound CB. Just my opinion.

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Where does an elephant sit? Wherever the hell he wants ...
    Where does a 6'6 - 260 # player that runs a 4.6 play?
    Wherever Saban wants him to play?
    Bonecrushing TE at 6'7 280 at 4.7 or better ...
    Offensive tackle with that big frame of his ...
    Defensive End with those longs arms and speed

Pure ... deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelightful ... speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed and size

Take your pick ... put him in the Gumbo ... Nick will stir the pot ... we'll see what pops out in 2006 after a redshirt year

Probably another 3-4 year starter ... kids got good grades ... recipe for success

5. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

LMAO! It's kinda cool not knowing exactly where he's gonna end up. I can almost picture Nick on the practice field watching these incoming freshmen as he rubs his chin and busts out with, "Kid, how would you like to be the first linebacker taken in the 2009 NFL draft?"

"But Coach Saban, I'm a tight end..."

"Not any more kid, go get a different number on."

6. Tiger Engineer

Tiger Engineer Freshman

Marcus Spears weighed 280 lbs too.

7. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

Exactly why I think this kid is gonna be moved to LB or DE.

By the way, I'm kinda getting ticked that Spears isn't getting move love from the media. I keep reading through this preseason garbage and Phil Steele has Pollack as the best DE, I look at a bunch of preseason All-America rags and a lot of them don't even have him as one of the two DE's, they have Pollack and Kiwanuka from BC or Cody from OU. I'm getting ready to take a flamethrower to these publishers.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

A lot of you guys wouldn't be happy if a reporter wrote a novel about Spears or another LSU palyer and then complimented one of other player from another team, it really cracks me up. All I've read this summer are great stories on Spears in just about every outlet in the country, but you're still not satisfied. I think many of you guys just enjoy making yourselves miserable.

9. bigfella99

bigfella99 Founding Member

I think Zimmerman is mostly a long snapper. I doubt he'll play much outside of special teams.