LA Rams

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 13, 2016.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't like it when teams move. What does everyone else think?

Jerome Bettis who started his career as Los Angeles Ram said that everything is great when you are winning, but if you aren't, no one comes to the games.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

USC can't fill the stadium when they have a highly ranked team. People in LA haven't shown much interest in football in the past otherwise teams would have never left. Yeah, we have a pro team, now everybody back to hugging your tree.

islstl and tirk like this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I was in the vehicle last night and I guess it was espnradio and a few people were calling in and a couple guys were in tears. grown ass men. id be devastated if the saints left like they almost did. mostly because my priorities are really fucked up.

id be crushed and crying on national radio like it was 9/11.

ParadiseiNC and mctiger like this.
  4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Me too. No doubt about it. I love the Saints (and Tigers) like they were family. I'd be like losing a family member to me. There would be many many tears.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I just don't get this move. Sucks for St Louis. I could see the Chargers, but not St Louis.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

all about getting more revenue. there is no loyalty in sports. some cold-blooded shit there.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Everybody wants that LA market regardless of the empty seats. You would think a team that left LA for St. Louis would think better of returning to LA, but a new stadium is a new stadium and new building holds a lot of weight these days. Every large market city wants to build the next jerry world and reap the revenue for every event imaginable. Fan loyalty is secondary if not last in consideration to having professional sports venues, empty seats be damned. Probably Green Bay being the exception.

Could you imagine LSU moving its football program to NOLA for the promise of a new stadium? It would take a month to put the fire out and BR would still be without the team. How long before the new generation is not minded at all over such things? Used to be city, fans, loyalty and tradition. Now it's all about that building with a mega megatron.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I just read that they weren't moving after all - that the NFL was giving them 100 million toward a new stadium. Too lazy to look up the link.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Me too. I assume the people you heard on radio last night were from St. Louis. That's what really makes it sad, because the perception has been for years that L.A. really doesn't give a damn about the NFL.

KyleK likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If the Chargers are unable to work out a deal with Stan Kroneke to either be partners or tenants in the new Stadium in Inglewood the NFL will give them $100 million towards a new Stadium or renovation of Qualcomm and then the Raiders will have the same negotiating options. As of now the lease at the stadium in Oakland has expired.