La Tech="All Hat & No Cattle".....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by STRIPES, Aug 29, 2003.

1. STRIPES

STRIPES Founding Member

If there ever was a program that is the epitome of "wannabe",
    it is La Tech. All we have heard from the Techsters since the end of last season was "Miami, Miami, Miami".

Well, after all the big build up, hype, and bullshit it appears that
    reality has once agin slapped La Tech in the face. I don't want to hear about how great Miami is and how Miami is this supposedly great team that La Tech won't face "a team like that" again this season. The truth is that this is a La Tech team that was 4-8 last season and was BLOWN OUT 5-6 times. Two of the blowouts were to RICE & SAN JOSE' STATE. The fact is that Miami didn't do much more than RICE did to this bunch of D1A pretenders.

Then there was the hype of the "great Sellout". La Tech has been talking about selling out this game and has had half a damn year to promote it and sell it out. What was the actual result after a half of a year of promotion? Well, how about 7,000 EMPTY & UNSOLD seats in a 50,000 seat stadium only 70 miles from the La Tech campus. If La Tech can't sell this game out with Miami coming to town, they will never have a sellout.

Well, what's next for La Tech? They now travel to ULL for a game with the Ragin' Coonasses in Lafayette. This is a game which is much more in tune with the La Tech program. After all, it is a game against another Louisiana in-state D1A pretender & it
    will pit two of the biggest wannabe's in the country against each other. I say let's promote this ULL/Tech game as the "Pretender Bowl" and award the winner a giant Golden Shlong Trophy. The winner of this annual game could keep the trophy for one year and claim the rights to the title of holder of the "LSU Penis Envy Trophy" for a year.

Next blowout for Tech? two weeks at Michigan State. When will they learn?

2. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

I think this post is funny, but kind of like picking on your little sister.

Tech does not need LSU telling them that they share second fiddle with every other supposed D-1 program in Louisiana. They know it, as does Tulane, ULL and ULM will get a great big dose of it this weekend.

3. T_Won

T_Won Freshman

Ouch! Leave it to a classy Tiger to hit a man when he's down. Miami is a fairly shitty program when compared to the mighty LSU Tigers.

However, I am thrilled by the fact that Tech played Miami a tougher game (39 point loss) than LSU did when Miami came visiting the daunted Tigah Stadium (41 points).

See you on November 1st sunshine;)

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You should have stayed down then you wouldn't get hit again. Your comment that--- despite getting drilled by a Miami team that played like it was a scrimmage to them---you are "thrilled" that Tech lost by less than LSU did 15 years ago is typical of all the D-1 wannabes in the state. You can't do squat on your own so let's take joy in LSU's failures. To use a baseball analogy, this is the big leagues. You gotta be able to hit the curve ball at this level. Stay in the minors and leave the heavy work to the big boys.

5. T_Won

T_Won Freshman

OK big boy---show me what ya got tomorrow. Who do you play again?

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Louisiana Tech at Monroe.

7. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Why were Tech's cheerleaders in all red but their football team was in all blue?
    It seemed like most fans were in blue as well.
    Yes the game was that bad that I was looking for something to keep my interest in it!

8. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

:shock: LOL!!!!

9. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

[ The truth is that this is a La Tech team that was 4-8 last season and was BLOWN OUT 5-6 times. Two of the blowouts were to RICE & SAN JOSE' STATE. The fact is that Miami didn't do much more than RICE did to this bunch of D1A pretenders.

dont forget fresno state...that was an entertaining game.

oh and a update on our party we had last night....

well, we got really drunk. the only thing that kept us from just dieing was the fact that miami had a QB from evangel:D

10. T_Won

T_Won Freshman

Ugh...that sounds ugly. Kind of like saying Louisiana at Starkville University:)