Lack of Talent is a myth

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Actually it's my GenX son's catch phrase I prefer the following;

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I don’t have the time to rewatch the games but I could be a smart ass and say we aren’t running much of an offense at all according to the stats.

I’ll say again, at best E has contributed to wins; Aranda is deserving of most of the credit. I do think there is hope/potential there, but let’s see it realized gd it.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

No problem giving A his credit due. We beat Gaw Ja, who has a stout defense, 33 to19 how much credit are you giving E for that game?

TBTrumpet likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I’d have to go back and look, probably had short field several times?

Ready to see how we do versus the pigs. Will we fly high or just win?

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It's from The Breakfast Club. Bender says it to Johnson.

In other words, it's a high school insult.

GiantDuckFan and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Right now I just want to win same for the nexr 2 games. I want to be 10-2 dont care about the stats to get us there. I want to be heading to a big bowl cause all this attracts recruits. Close your eyes and imagine everybody coming back on offense next year except Brumfield, Brosette and Moreau. Imagine 6 more offensive lineman recruits plus the ones we redshirted along with the ones we have now getting better. Imagine 2 great backs coming in, no attrition to a loaded WR group, a spring summer and fall for both Jeaux and Brennan to improve along with a RPO QB coming in. Imagine O doing what he did last year bringing in a few surprise transfers. Add that to a stout defense coming back along with a healthy Chassion.

Do you see grasshopper?
    unique-kung-fu-tv-series-quotes-the-beginning-of-wisdom-youtube-kung-fu-tv-series-quotes.jpg

TBTrumpet and lsu-i-like like this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

You’re right. We’re not running much of an offense. In fact, our offense is absolutely atrocious. Our defense saved our year. They’ve continually given us great field position, forced several turnovers, and are the reason this team is 7-2. The Offense is just along for the ride.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

With all due respect, this was known going into the year. I get that message boards are for discussion back and forth, but sometimes our over analysis ends up dragging down accomplishments. Going into the season, we all knew that our defense was our strength. Our offense was dealing w/defections from QBs that had been here for years, a brand new QB, RBs that had never had more than a handful of carries each, WRs w/potential but very inconsistent, and lastly an O-line that had potential, but suddenly dealt with the loss of our top returning lineman followed by multiple injuries. Predictions here varied from our record being 5-7 to 9-3. I don't recall anyone predicting 10-2. Maybe, idk? Point being the expectations about this offense were low.

I know we stunk up the place on offense against Bama, and that is leaving a bad taste in multiple people's mouths, but at some point people need to let the dust settle, get re-energized a bit, and take in that we are 7-2, #7 in CFPs with a realistic shot at 10-2. Break down the offense all you want, but the defense alone doesn't get us to that record. Again, we couldn't do much against Bama, I know, but we all need to get past the here and now, and reflect on the entire season, and realize that they have, if fact, had bright moments and have contributed to our overall record. It's not just all defense. Defense is, for sure, our strength, but the offense has had it's moments, and had them against formidable defenses not named Bama: Miami, AUB, Gawja, MSU. They deserve a little credit, and not all of the bashing they have received this week.

Winston1, LSU_4_LIFE and TBTrumpet like this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

this is a discussion board

360 degrees in a circle, each has a different perspective. Don’t lose sleep over disagreement

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I don’t. Just trying to get that 180 vector circling back around, lol.

kcal likes this.