Lack of Talent is a myth

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Said my goodbyes last night to be gone after the weekend so you won't have to be challenged by me no mo. Keep that run the OC and HC off shit going there buddy qnd see what happens to recruiting.

Here is a parting gift for you cocksucker.
    pacifier.png

CajunlostinCali likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm going to throw another thought out there. Our oline has deteriorated over the past few years, but our defensive line is pretty well stocked with highly recruited talent. That said, we are not that great against the run and our pass rush usually is ineffective unless we run blitzes with the LBs and safeties. I think our strength/conditioning program needs to be addressed.

Brian, HalloweenRun and LSUpride123 like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I agree. Top to bottom coaches are relying on talent at a lot of positions. It shows frequently.

4. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Guys our offense has been horrendous this season. Horrendous. It's been horrendous for years now. Meanwhile, a bunch of those guys are in the NFL now. At what point do we realize talent isn't the problem?? We have trouble in spots moving the ball on Southeastern. Sorry, it's not talent. Alabama is more talented than us, but the talent isn't 29-0 better. Not under 200 yards in total offense better. Not getting into the red zone twice, the first time in the 4th quarter better. Sorry, not buying

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It's both. A great defense dictates coaching. Oeaux just cares about winning.

Should we be developed further. Yes. But we have nothing but new parts who haven't found an identity because they haven't had to.

Smoked uga when we had to then unfortunately Bama. It would be nice if some new blood can put some life there but I'm not counting on it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I didn't want to believe this because Moffitt is such a staple and at one time was the best in the business, but I think I'm starting to lean that way myself. I didn't know this, but he's also listed on LSU sports website as an assistant AD. Maybe he needs to focus a little more on S&C and a little less on being an assistant AD - if there's really anything he does in that capacity. It could just be a title. Point is, it doesn't look like he's going anywhere either.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  7. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Is that really you tirk...? Or has coach O backed your account?

8. ROY_LA_CA

Don't be so dramatic and stick around... you are part of the tiger family.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Well I can be objective. I don't believe he's necessarily the answer but if he finishes with 2 losses that's about 3 less than I thought.

Now we're sweating the offense looking for answers after the Bama reality train came thru. Maybe we should let the season play out and hopefully see some development. We were ranked 3 and hopefully finish top 10. I would have taken that everyday and twice on Sunday. Worrying how he gets there may be counterproductive.

But this offense is not what anyone hoped that's for sure. The qb curse continues. So I'm also ok with firing everyone until someone figures it out.

10. ROY_LA_CA

Tirk... your analysis and wit are much appreciated. Thanks...