Lady Tiger BB: Match up with UCONN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NoDakSt, May 19, 2005.

1. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Word is that UCONN and the Lady Tigers will play next year. It may be a MLK day match-up probably televised nationally.

2. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

I heard this as well.

Although I heard it was a two season deal with both the men's and women's teams.

3. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Dandy D is saying it's both women AND men playing next year.

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Now THAT would be awesome for the Lady Tigers and the Tigers. Will it be a doubleheader? Here or there? National TV's gotta be involved as well.

If the men are part of the deal and it's on national TV, we must make a good showing; we cannot get blown off the floor like we did against our last Big East opponent, West Virginia.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Looks like it will happen. Tentative date is Jan 7 for the men and Jan 16 for the women, both on the road. UCONN here in 2007 ... The Advocate

6. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

NOT

accurate by DandyDon.... The Men will not be playing UCONN as of today...

7. TigerWins

Re: NOT

So the following statement by Bertman is wrong?

"We feel like we've added a great home-and-home series to our basketball schedule with UConn," LSU Athletic Director Skip Bertman said. "I told (LSU coach John Brady) last year that I wanted him to upgrade the schedule and that's exactly what he did last year and he's doing an even better job of doing that this year."

8. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

9. TigerWins

That's interesting. I would have to believe an AD before an asst coach ... but who knows.

10. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Re: NOT

The Advocate says so. But it also says final contract is "pending." Fingers are crossed.

No surprise that our former Chancellor, Mark Emmert, was President at UConn before he came here and that he had a great impact on that school's academic and athletic vision, just as he did here.

Considering the move to 12-game schedules, I think, if we can't get other traditional rivalries going in football, that it might be beneficial to play UConn in football and baseball in addition to men's/women's b-ball. They went to a bowl game last year. They have just built a brand new stadium and have made the huge investment necessary to try to get their school into the upper echelon of the Big East and all BCS schools, not just in basketball, but in all other sports. They want to be a strong athletic program across the board. They are on the way up, and I think they would be a great school to have a relationship with in all sports.