Lady Tiger v Marist

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Mar 24, 2008.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

oklahoma state wins in overtime by one. a foul with less than a second on the shot clock sent the cowgirl to the line to win the game.

gonna be a fun week for me. my parents are oklahoma state grads and they and my sister have season tix to osu mens and womens bb, and football. all three bleed orange and black.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

FSU fouled OSU with 1 second left and OSU made the 2nd to win the game. Next 2 games will not be easy.

3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Fun second half. 1st half was miserable, and the Marist coach knew exactly how to beat LSU. They had a triangle and 2 defense (I think), and basically decided to let LeBlanc or Hightower beat them and they couldn't....

The team also couldn't do anything to get the crowd into the game in the first half. Once they did (2nd half), they went on a run and just fed off the crowd.

4. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

There were a couple of games ending at the wire. Women's basketball getting better all around.

The Cal / GW game was a shot at the buzzer with George Washington winning 55 to 53

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yes they could. They beat them by 2 points.

6. clair

clair Rockets

I like when people who don't know anything about WBB talk about WBB.

Marist is No. 22 in the country and made it to the Sweet 16 last year. They had lost 2 games all year and were on a 22-game win streak.

The crime isn't that they were only down 2 at half. The crime is that they were a 7 seed. That is the best team I have seen in the PMAC all season outside of UConn.

1 person likes this.
  7. SabanFan

I thought the same thing when I saw that but didn't respond because he does such a great job on the baseball PBP.:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  8. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I was walking into that game saying I was more confident about them winning the Sweet 16 game (no matter who it was) than I was about Marist.

9. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

You are right in that I didn't know Marist very well other than they are the Red Foxes. :D Oh and I knew their win streak and watched them play Depaul. If you read my posts leading into the halftime score, my concern is that the Lady Tigers don't have an outside threat other than Chaney and Marist was defensing it accordingly and then packing down on Syl, but not a tenatious defense. So my concern is our lack of O. We are in need of another one or two outside shooters. Erica was finding the mark in the 2nd half until Marist triangle and two'd her (while Chaney was out). I think our offensive problems have kept us from winning those games against the other top teams this year. Making the final four will be a challenge.

1 person likes this.
  10. SabanFan

We have a great point guard, an awesome force in the middle, a dependable 3point shooter and a couple of gals who can hit consistently from 15 feet in. Our coach is a proven winner at multiple levels. Our defense is one of if not the best in the country. This glass is 7/8ths full so I'm going to let the other part slide.