Lady Tigers - LSU/Bama Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Mar 4, 2005.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

The tv interview with the Bama coach at the half...... He prolly is not frum der but he shoore sownd lyke he a alerbammmer natif.

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

:hihi:

You just reminded me of the time I went to Tuscaloosa (actually Kentuck, which is only two mintues from the campus) for some festival. It was the day Bama played Southern Mississippi this past season (obviously it was a day LSU wasn't playing or else I wouldn't be there). Anywho, I was walking around sporting my shirt with the huge toonces logo on it. A few people made comments to me and I got quite a few dirty looks.

I loved it.

3. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Dilemma:

My mantra prior to this past fall was that women's basketball (collegiate or pro) wasn't really a sport. My women's bball resume includes having been to one LSU women's game while at LSU and 2 Seattle Storm WNBA games. For purists of the game of basketball, the women's game is basketball at it's finest; running the shot clock down, flawless execution of plays on offense, etc. But being not a purist, I do not enjoy hour long layup and 3point contests.

This year, I have seen 3 women's Tiger basketball games (not shabby considering I'm located outside of Louisiana.) on TV and am currently listening to one on the radio. This may or may not be contributed to the Lady Tigers current ranking, because I did watch the GA game earlier in the year on CBS.

Does that or doesn't that make me a fairweather fan?

4. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

According to some of the band members there(they are sitting right next to the bench) Pokey is upset with the officials because Bama is getting open for all their 3's on illegal screens and they arnt calling it. Just thought I would pass that along.

5. LSUGradin99

For a program that was averaging 400 to 600 people a game in the stands with a huge purple curtain sectioning off the other half of the arena not so long ago..... I doubt there is anything wrong with being a fairweather fan of the lady tigers. I never followed them until they started winning.

As good as they are - and I've seen quite a few of their games over the past few years - they are still difficult to watch. In women's college basketball you have a few really good teams and for the most part everyone else generally sucks. Thus the games are usually not close and un-interesting. Today's game is an exception of course... Darnit!

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

We're just not having good luck in this game, are we?

7. Carface

Carface What the...?

42-35 Tide 10:15 left

8. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Hmm, good answer. . .

I have always thought that weird myself. The men's tourney is true madness. I mean, at the end, you almost always have 2-3 no. 1 seeds, 1 no. 2 seed and the last entry is what, somewhere between a 3 seed and a 6 or 7 seed or whatever, but it's still an adventure getting there.

But in the women's, it's almost always 3 no. 1 seeds and a no. 2 or something. Like if you're the nine seed in a 8/9 first round game, it's pretty much over for you already, ha ha ha.

9. LSUGradin99

Three pointers are killing us.... (sounds like a early first half comment for men's game :D )

10. Carface

Carface What the...?

Also sounds like they can't figure out the Bama defense