Lady Tigers - LSU/Bama Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Mar 4, 2005.

1. beatemdown

beatemdown Founding Member

Those boos were mostly just Tennessee fans who wanted us out.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Bama coach in press conference after game:

"I'm very proud for them, that they were able to go out in the setting they were in today and prove to themselves that they were able to play with anybody in the country... and uhhh hopefully that's a memory they will be able to take with them the rest of their lives.. Certainly I'll be able to take with me and be forever grateful to them. I think everybody sitting up here would have preferred to have had the opportunity to play five more minutes and allow the players to decide the outcome of the game. The bottom line is that uhhh rules are rules and sometimes ya gotta, ya just gotta take it as it comes."

- Rick Moody, former Bama HC, as he's now officially retired and has coached his last game. His team gave him a great send off.

3. Berge

Berge Founding Member

It makes a lot of sense that the time be put back on the clock....

LSU and Bama both will play the last 5 seconds differently in each situation, as was shown BY their actions. Tie game, don't foul... Down by one, foul.... Why should they not get the chance to foul us, get the ball back, and try to score because the refs can't decide if it was a 3-pointer or not...

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Aubarn giving Tenn. one heck of a game.. Tied @ 35 w/13 mins to go.

5. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I think that they got the call right with the 3 pointer, it was pretty clear she was on the line. But, we also got the benefit of the doubt with a lot of calls earlier in the game, a "foul" when Semoine got trapped under the basket and a "jump ball" when Fowles got locked up late in the game come to mind. Guess that is one of the perks of being the number one team in the country. It was a good wake up call, we should run through the rest of the SEC tourney and hopefully this won't happen come NCAA tourney time.

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

Reminds me of our painful victory... owie!

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Well for what it's worth, the Lady Tigers haven't been inconsistent. They've been blowing opponents out all year and they beat UT soundly, so I don't think they'll be outmatched against the likes of Duke or UNC. The Lady Tigers are the best team in the nation. Today was no reflection of how this team really plays.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Damn I hate posts like that. This team went through the toughest conference in the nation undefeated and you suddenly wonder what we are going to do against the likes of Duke and UNC? Jeez man. Take a deep breath before posting.
    I was seriously considering putting up your 12 bucks but that's never gonna happen now.
    Don't be proud of this??? Damn dude. :angryfire :angryfire

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I'm going to have to agree. They pulled out a great victory after a horrible outing and deserve all of the "proudness" and plaudits they get.