Lady Tigers off to Eugene, Oregon

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

The Lady Tigers are the #1 seed in the West region. They will play Southwest Texas State in the first round in Eugene. If they win, they will play the winner of the U.of Wisconsin Green Bay vs / Washington game. The West Regional is by far the toughest regional. The other top seeds in the west are Texas #2, Stanford #3, and Ohio State #4. Louisiana Tech is also in the West with a #5 seed. Tennessee also got a #1 seed and if they make it to the third round will be playing at home for the "Final 4". Lucky them.

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

randy posted at almost the same time oops.

3. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

NCAA did not do us any favors.

Did you see Sue's reaction after they interview and she thought the camera were off. This is by far the toughest bracket. That is BS Stanford getting to play at home for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games if they make it that far.

I always said to be the best you have to play and beat the best.

Let's Geaux get them Lady Tigers.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah but let's balance it out a bit. Tenessee gets a walk on their home floor while LSU has to get by La Tech who plays at Ruston and also Texas or Stanford. Stanford gets a huge home court advantage. And what's with the Big East getting 7 players. Does getting bombed by Connecticut twice a year do that much for their RPI? Anyway, LSU has the hosses to get it done.

5. SabanFan

And one more thing.

If Texas had beat out LSU for the #1 seed I would have been inconsolable.

6. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I think the Lady Tigers kinda got the raw end of the deal. We are the only number one seed not playing in their own state. Louisiana Tech is in the West with us and they got a home regional game. I think LSU should have gotten home court the first two rounds and not tech who is a 5 seed. I think if we get Past Stanford on their home floor we have clear sailing to the Final Four.

7. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

All of the playing sites were predetermined. If a first round was planned for Baton Rouge then we would have gotten put there but thats not how it worked out:(

8. SabanFan

So they predetermined Knoxville and Storrs not having any idea that Tenn and UConn might just get in? Give me a break.

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

That's exactly what I meant. Earlier this week I looked on LSUSports.net at the article about us winning the SEC Tourny and it said LSU will be a likely #1 seed and will play at one of the predetermined Tourny sites. Baton Rouge was nowhere on the list.

Here is the link http://www.lsusports.net/article.cfm?ref=000AC2FD-0DBE-1E6D-8DBE809F187EFD82

10. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

They were predetermined based largely on last year's attendance at those schools. We could possibly receieve a homecourt advantage next year though. And how is LaTech a #5 seed when they are ranked #6 in the nation?!? That is crazy, but oh well Geaux Lady Tigers!!!