Lady Tigers will be #1 (again)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by chele, Jan 24, 2005.

1. chele

chele Founding Member

*woohoo!* The Lady Tarheels just beat #1 Duke, so LSU will be #1 in next week's polls if everything holds up. Geaux Tigers!

Carolina was 0-12 against Duke over the past few years. Just my luck that I'd be at UNC to see all of the losses to Duke, but would have moved away for the first win in a while.

2. ene0929

ene0929 Founding Member

Way to go Tarheels! I was watcing ESPN in restaurant in New Orleans and kept tabs on the Duke - UNC game. Too bad all those years in Chapel Hill and you didn't get to see them beat the Dukies. At least after 5 years of having to lose to those Devils, Carolina was able to knock them off when they were ranked #1.. THANK YOU LADY TARHEELS !

I have a nephew who is a Sophomore at UNC. I'll have to call him, I'd bet his happy. Typical Carolina student... hates the Dukies. It didn't take him too long to catch on. He's still an LSU fan, too.... just not in Men's BBall. He's Carolina Blue thru and thru.

GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!!!

3. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Sadness for me....the DUKE women are one of my fave basketball teams. Oh well...back to the drawing board...we get another chance at them in Durham and that's a REVENGE GAME...

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Currie is real good. Not Seimone, but good. They have some size, but they are slow and not as good as Fowles under the basket. Our defense would cause the Dukies problems. Last night's loss corrected a serious injustice. The LSU ladies belong in 1st. The are clearly the class of the country.

5. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

No argument here....I think that LSU is playing the best ball in the country right now. The matchup with Tennessee will be a good one.

6. ene0929

ene0929 Founding Member

I am so excited and I can't wait for the Tennessee game... BUT we need to be careful and take one game at a time and not look ahead to the Lady Vols.

Next UP: The Auburn Tigers....

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

A great win for the Lady Tigers over the Bauburn Baubie Dolls (pull the string, and it whines.)