Lafayette Grand Theater Shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I know people who got busted for pot 35 years ago when even small amounts were a felony. To this day they are still convicted felons and can't own a gun.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You are an educated buffoon

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, it's called direct comparison. If gun registration can't prevent gun crime, you say it makes no sense to have it. So, if murder laws can't stop murder, then it makes no sense to have them either. It's showing how pathetically illogical your argument is.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sadly this would work a lot better in court for those of us that hate wbc than if Jindal is dumb enough to have them arrested. I like our chances with them trying to find sympathy with a jury because they got the shit kicked out of them for being assholes vs. the amount of money the state of La would have to shell out because we violated their 1st amendment rights.

StaceyO likes this.
  5. shane0911

The Patriot Guard, quite a large group of retired, active and civilian riders who make this their top priority.

StaceyO likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How did you even make it through college with your lack of reading comprehension? You said gun registration makes a person legally responsible for the gun. Well, Duh, a person is already legally responsible for any gun they own.

Another valid argument against registration is that there will no doubt be registration fees. Maybe reasonable at first but the anti gun crowd could and most likely would try the raise the fees to the point where only the wealth could afford to pay the fees.

7. shane0911

Not sure about Louisiana but I was in Florida a few years ago and chartered a boat so my kids could go catch some snapper, they actually got the law changed in Florida and they now have to use this stupid looking hook where the barb is bent down sideways because its supposed to not hurt the fish as much? Wtf? It still works, little harder to catch the fish but it still works. Maybe @jvalhenson can clear that up?

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know a lot about snapper but maybe the new hooks keep the ones that get off the hook or that are too small and you release from dying. I fish for speckled trout and I know that a lot of the small ones you have to throw back will die if you don't handle them properly and you wipe off too much of their fish slime.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Does that not border on disturbing the peace though? Seems like people burying someone should have reasonable expectation not to have people protesting.

What would be awesome would be for someone to open fire on those emotionally void assholes and see if they'd be so prone to protest the funerals of their own .

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Probably true. Jindal is an idiot. Running for President and ignoring the Constitution is foolish. It's not against the law to be an asshole and his opponents will use it against him. Worse, he guarantees Westboro Lunatic Church publicity, which is exactly what they want. Plus the opportunity to sue Louisiana for cash they probably need.