Lafell Sideline Incident

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Oct 21, 2007.

1. tigerhoss

tigerhoss Founding Member

As much as I have complained about the plays to LaFell, I have said the entire time it is not, ultimately, his fault. The coaches tried to make him a number one receiver and have practically eliminated him as a number 2 or 3 because he is shattered.

I mean you could put my fat ass on the field in pads and tell me to cover a 4.5 receiver one-on-one, and I would play my guts out to try to do it. But there would not be a single play where I could stick with the guy for more than three yards. And if he did not score 8 or 9 touchdowns over my heaving blubber, it would be because he was concussed by the goal post. Now in that situation, is it my fault that I can't play the position or the coach's fault for demanding that I do.

1 person likes this.
  2. cpsilo1

cpsilo1 Founding Member

I saw the whole thing happen. Lafell actually asked the fan for the coke and when the fan obliged, Lafell clearly looked the coke in and then just dropped it, subsequently spilling it all over himself.

4 people like this.
  3. GetBackToWork

GetBackToWork Founding Member

That's just ass.

4. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

That was tacky, bro.

What's the deal with the word kid being flung around? I understand that chunking a coke at a player is heinous and idiotic, but this isn't peewee football here.

Lafell is about to be 21. He has a full ride scholarship, if I'm not mistaken, and is about to be able to drink alcohol legally. He's not a "kid." I guess to a 40 or 50 year old he is. I don't know.

Not trying to be facetious. I just don't get all the kid remarks. When they do something good, we say, "He's the man!" But if they are bad... well, they're just kids.

5. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

You are another fine example of a classless drunk idiot. I will not give you the honor of calling you an LSU fan bc a TRUE LSU fan supports the players that represent this fine univeristy. You are one of the idiots that have jumped on this bandwagon and find it easy to criticize a fine young man whom is struggling right now. He plays hard and I am sure that he is beating himself up over his mistakes.

1 person likes this.
  6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

damn, beat me to it! :hihi:

7. Lprimo

Lprimo Pimpin Aint Easy

Hitting Tubby is a severe penalty, you get Three weeks in a the Caribbean, and a box of Cigars.

8. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

Damn i've been married twice... isn't that supposed to be a consolidation prize for the abuse?

9. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

Trust me, any 20 year old college student is a kid to anyone in their mid-30s or older. I call my 8 year old nephew a little man but he is still a kid. When I called Lafell a kid it is not to belittle him in any way it is my way of pointing out that he is going through growing pains and is not ready to be the #1 WR.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

My "kid" is 31 today. When one refers to a 20 year old as a kid, it relates to his lack of exposure to life experiences and response to pressure situations. The point of the vitriol directed at the coke tosser was that you shouldn't be angry at a young man just because he doesn't perform to perfection. He's still learning how to deal with things. "Kid" is a relative term.

1 person likes this.