Lafell Sideline Incident

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Oct 21, 2007.

1. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

i was to shocked to boo...but i was cheering my ass off when he caught that crucial first down pass on 3rd and 7 to set up the touchdown in the first half

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Better still, maybe they should have spray painted the "classless" so called fan before kicking him out of the stands

There usually is a reason why Lafell is dropping balls now. I don't recall him doing much of that in the past, and even last year. To rebuild his confidence, maybe the staff should go over all the tapes of his past plays with him. One specific reception I remember that stood out was the long TD reception from JR at the Sugar Bowel against ND. I really hope he gets over this slump as I still believe he is talented with a bright future.

3. Caliendo

Caliendo Founding Member

A full rum and coke hit me in the head, and I sit in the student section. Needless to say I was pissed at hell. Yelling crap is one thing, but throwing it is complete bull****.

1 person likes this.
  4. 2arms2legsTIGER

2arms2legsTIGER Founding Member

I'm still not clear on something here.

1) did the coke actually hit him or was it simply thrown at him?

2) If the coke didn't hit him, was Lafell even aware that one was thrown at him?

I think I would have lost it had I seen someone throw something at an amateur player when the guy is already completely down and crushed. I'd like to strangle the guy. The reason I ask those two questions is I'm hoping the coke didn't hit him and I hope he has no idea one was even thrown at him. Of course his hands have frustrated me like everyone else, and I even curse his name sometimes from the safety of my couch but he's a good guy, he has the ability, he will get his confidence back, after he was yabked he was still congratulating other players as they would come off the field, and he is an LSU Tiger. Glad to hear the crowd practically "lynched" that ******* who did that and I hope to God Brandon has thick skin and that there were no recruits who saw that bullsh*t!

5. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

I support him fully... he's a freshman who is getting the ball thrown to him so much because of early's absence... it's pretty obvious he's not ready to be a number one receiver, and he might not get a lot of PT for the rest of the season, but he'll be a great one before he's done...

just a little focus, and some improved confidence, and he'll be back to wowing full tiger stadium crowds in no time :)

6. 2arms2legsTIGER

2arms2legsTIGER Founding Member

isn't he a sophomore?

7. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Yep.

8. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I agree, there's an endless list of Tigers who have had early problems but wind-up with stellar careers.