LANE goes undrafted

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Jun 3, 2003.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Maybe Saban thought that Russell and Flynn were better overall QB's.

Maybe you don't tell a Major College Coach who to recruit when you he can get 2out of 3 not just 1

Maybe he always wanted to go to OLE PISS

2. Jack

Jack Member

You just beat me to it DVBR.

This is what I want to know. All we've heard all along is what a HUGE LSU fan RL was. How he bleeds purple and gold. Yet when faced with prospect of facing stiff competition, Lane is the only one who reneged on his commitment. Flynn and Russell committed knowing Lane was committed. Lane had the opportunity to play on the field of his dreams and now he'll be playing in front of 55,000 hicks that think they're in the Hamptons in legendary Vaught-Hemingway stadium.
    [​IMG]

Instead of
    [​IMG]

I kind of feel sorry for the guy. I know he's a Tiger at heart but for whatever reason he blew his opportunity and now has to live with the consequences.

3. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Lane's father couldn't beat Alan Risher out of the starting job at LSU and left LSU for Northeast. He felt Jerry Stovall screwed him. I believe Robert felt the same would happen to him. Like father, like son.

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

No one could bleed purple and gold, then go to ole miss.

5. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I can't believe he went undrafted. I know he wasn't going to sign without first round money but I'm still surprised nobody took a chance with a lower pick.

6. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Why take a chance on someone and waste a draft pick, when the guy has said that he wants to go to college, unless he is drafted in the first round.
    Also baseball experts may have noticed how he ducked the competition at LSU and went to Ole Miss. I'm not a baseball expert but I would not want that kind of player in my club. Sports are all about competion, even if its competing with you own teammates for starting positions. I would want a WINNER not a WHINNER!!!

7. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

I think it is all a vast conspiracy involving Major League Baseball owners, Ole Miss and Oliver Stone. The rumor regarding Lane's high baseball draft status was floated with the intention of getting Saban to back off so that Lane would be forced to attend Ole Miss. Everyone is against us, even MLB.

No, wait, that's what a Bama fan would say. Sorry.

8. RTRinBR

RTRinBR Founding Member

If you are gonna dig on us....

...at least make it plausible.

We would have somehow involved TN, AU, FL, GA, and NCAA in our conspiracy theory. Like maybe Roy from TN actually used his pull in the ncaa to get the prez to ask the braves to generate some interest in MLB while TT all the while is telling saban that Lane was accepting money from an agent......blah blah blah

i suck at this conspiracy theory stuff.