Lane Kiffin being brought in as an offensive consultant by Nick Saban

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 17, 2013.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I have never understood the infatuation with Kiffin. He wasn't even the sole OC at USC and I felt like they regressed after Chow left. Then he really hasn't had any success since then. Maybe it's because he has a hot wife.

TigerTap and LSUDad like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Maybe he is the coach in waiting....

furduknfish, GiantDuckFan and LSUDad like this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

LOL

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I think you got this arrangement backwards. Saban and Kiffin have the same agent. Kiffin wasn't coming in to help, rather Saban was doing his agent a favor by giving LK some exposure.

At least that's what I'm reading.

Merry Christmas Tigers!

GiantDuckFan, Hawker45 and Herb like this.
  5. dudley

dudley oops!

I'm not sure that's true, Nussmeier is apparently looking around, but if it is true I wonder if Kiffin is on salary. If he is that means the University of Alabama is paying Kiffin so that Saban can do Sexton a favor for coercing the U of A out of an extra $2 mil a year.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Part of Saban's package would include money for paying assistants....like Nussmeier. Who knows but Saban has brought folks in before and he couched this one as "professional development" for his staff. Likely, Kiffin could use the development from Saban. Lots of jobs opening up but LK isn't even getting a sniff. I still think it was a favor to get Lane's name out there in a positive light and frankly the coaching fraternity still looks after it's own.

I would be shocked if Kiffin ended up there. There may not be two more control freak coaches out there than Saban and Kiffin.

furduknfish, Hawker45 and LSUTiga like this.