News Lane Kiffin Interviewing for OC at Bama (NOW OFFICIAL - Kiffin to be next OC at Bama)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutygr69, Jan 9, 2014.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

He did take a job nobody wanted. But average? He wasn't even close. My Gawd, we lost to Wazzu AT HOME and managed only one touchdown the entire game, no points at all in the second half. ASU put up 62 points on us. And this comes on the heels of a season where we started ranked #1 (which was stupid) and ended up not ranked at all. He was an ass and the players hated him. Boosters were lighting up Haden's phone/email. A control freak who wandered the sidelines with a freakin Denny's menu in front of his face and sunglasses in El Paso to cover up a black eye. The way I see it, he shit on USC too.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

You don't really believe this, do you? The house "issue" involved a wannabe agent who wanted Reggie to LEAVE USC, not come to or play for USC. Recruiting is a dirty nasty business. Nobody plays nice. Yaw Yaw can recruit with the best. He's a great motivator. HC? I dunno.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes, usc was put on major probation because someone paid his family to leave usc. Ok, I'm buying that.........NOT!!!!!

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes.....Lloyd Lake wanted to represent Reggie as a pro. His parents accepted money from Lake in exchange for a promise to deliver Reggie, thereby forfeiting his amateur status. Add in the self-sanctioning that Garrett did regarding Mayo and HIS amateur status and one foreign female tennis player who called the homeland on USC's dime and that resulted in the LOI charge. This was about agents.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Don't forget the testimony about agents running amuck inside the usc locker room and on the sidelines. This contact didn't happen outside of usc, it happened with the knowledge and turned heads of the usc staff which at the time included kiffen.

6. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

LSU won their bowl and Bama got embarrassed in theirs? Very nice
    Auburn lost also, again a bonus.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

28-15 sounds pretty average.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Perspective, ya know?

What would you think about a 28-21 record? FWIW, that's Okie State from 2001-2004.

I doubt I need to tell you who was 5-19 at Iowa State. We saw how that ended.

In the end, you never can tell how someone is going to work out in different situations, different positions, or at different schools.

Richdog likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Miles and the Chiz. How about 34-24-1

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Sounds like you are on board the lame kitten train. Have a nice trip. See ya in the fall.