Lane Mestepey's arm problems

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bbmomram20, Jun 21, 2002.

1. bbmomram20

bbmomram20 Freshman

Does anyone know what caused Mestepey's arm problems this year? I understand he may have to undergo surgery which would require 7-10 months of rehab. Was he overused this year or did he have previous arm problems? I am interested because my son is very interested in LSU as a future player. Does the staff take good care of the pitchers at LSU and is the situation with Mestepey just a fluke or not?

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Mestepey's shoulder was hurt from simple being a pitcher, not an overused pitcher. Arm injuries are very very very very frequent among pitchers. Some college staffs are almost entirely made up of guys who have had arm surgeries in the past. A few years ago FSU made it to the CWS title game with a starting rotation that ALL had Tommy John surgery previously. LSU's coaches take just as good of care of their pitchers as any other college or pro staff.

I assume your son is a pitcher, what grade is he in and is he getting recruited yet? Let him know that LSU is without a doubt the best place to play college baseball. We have the most enthusiastic fans (we also lead the NCAA in attendance every year), play in the best conference, and have the best overall program (5 national titles over the past 12 years, countless big league players). So, if your son wants to play in front of huge crowds, for a great coaching staff and go to Omaha to win titles, LSU is the place. Good luck to him, wherever he chooses to go.

3. bbmomram20

bbmomram20 Freshman

Thanks for the info. My son has been to a game at "The Box" and was very impressed with the atmosphere, coaches, players, etc. LSU is definitely at or near the top of his list of colleges and he will no doubt make an official visit there in the Fall. He is a 2-for-1 player as he pitches and can play almost any other position except catcher (he used to do that, too). He is also a very good hitter with quick hands and power to all fields. We'll just have to see how things work out. He hopes to get signed in November and get the recruiting process out of the way early. Thanks for the good luck wishes.

4. amedee83

amedee83 Founding Member

What is his name?

What is your son's name? Where did he play in High School?

5. bbmomram20

bbmomram20 Freshman

I've probably said enough already. The recruiting process is going to get very interesting starting on July 1 when coaches are allowed to start calling the '03's. We'll just keep our options open and hope for the best. Thanks for your interest.