Lane or Clay

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TomE, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Ryan

Ryan Founding Member

This team doesn't do anything it's supposed to do. I definitely wouldn't assume that our bats will come out on fire. Start Mestepey against NW State, Dirks later on today...and do everything you can today to save Determann. Assuming he pitches alot today, tomorrow we hopefully go with whatever we got. Ramirez for a couple innings, English for a couple innings, Faircloth for a couple innings, oh...and our secret weapon- the fans for a couple innings.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

You guys are forgetting how great Brandon Nall pitched against NSU earlier this year. I say start him. If he goes five then Ramirez or English can finish it giving leaving both Lane and Clay for Rice.

3. TomE

TomE Founding Member

So far it looks like a good coaching move by Smoke i knew Smokes love for Lane would pay off. Good Move

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Good move ? It was the only real move.

5. TomE

TomE Founding Member

What are you talking about the only real move? Smoke put his neck out starting Lane and everyone who knows anything knows that. Had Lane only gone 1 or 2 innings everyone would have been asking for his head. This was a good move by Smoke, sometimes you need to give credit where it is due.

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Good decision... you are an idiot... it was the ONLY DECISION. You are on Smoke's nuts to much, try taking you lips off his ass long enough to see he was the only real option against NW St.... look I'll lay out the whole regional and options for you.

Game 1: LSU v. Marist = Meier b/c Marist is a 4 seed and we should be able to get away with a sloppy pitching job, with our bats getting us the win... and in fact this happened.

Game 3: LSU v. Rice = Smith b/c he is well rested, didn't pitch in the SEC Tourney and our best shot against a tough Rice team w/ a great pitcher themself. See the pattern Great pitcher against Great Pitcher....

If we lose to Rice we play NW St. or Marist... 2 low seeds, so you don't waist a great pitcher ie Dirks on them when you know Rice will probably meet us in the championship round. You have to pitch a struggling Mestepey b/c he has some good stuff but has been off of late and therefore gives our bats a chance to win against inferior talent, while not wasting a good pitcher.

If we had defeated Rice, we would get a by basically setting the table for a Dirks v. Rice/NW St./Marist whoever got to Game 6 from the losers bracket... then if we are forced into a game 7, we have trusty Mestepey to fall back on, which is a pretty trusty back up.

Then we get to the point we are now... we lost to Rice, played NSU and in turn started Mestepey, so as to save Dirks for a possible Game 6 against Rice, which would give us our best chance of winning the first game and taking us to the championship... but since we did not come out of the winners bracket, we had to use Mestepey earlier then we wanted and therefore have to rely on some of our bullpen pitchers to get us through a possible Game 7. (Smoke is actually doing the opposite of what I thought he would do, by trying to piece together a staff out of Determan etc... which is ok, b/c we get a chance to rest him up to close for Dirks on Tuesday).

Its blatantly obvious that you are a sheep and have no idea about pitching strategy... if you did then you would obviously see exactly why Smoke did what he did... it was his ONLY LOGICAL MOVE.He was the only real option and he didn't do such a hot job anyway... who the hell else was he gonna pitch ? Diirks ? Determan ? against NSU... come on, dont be such a dumbass.... you knew he was gonna use a struggling Mestepey against a team we should walk all over.

7. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Kteam, I tend to agree it was the only move. However, I do think he could of started Eric English against NSU and got similar, if not better, results. I do think Smoke would want to save English for relief work so I basically agree it was the only move.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I wish you would have posted that last night. It would have ensured that Smoke got a good night's sleep.

9. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Man, could you be anymore juvenile?

It's first thing in the morning and lets say the engine hasn't warmed up yet.