Laremy Tunsil admits to accepting money from Ole Miss coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Apr 29, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No, I don't. In fact, fuck that. USC's anus still hurts from the screw job that Paul Dee and the corrupt bastards at the NCAA pulled off. I will compare it every gotdamn time because it points out the total hypocrisy and double standard that exists. USC is STILL feeling the consequences of that. Look at the draft....one of our worst in years. USC was the poster child for unethical behavior by the NCAA. Any and all interested members should be pissed off. But I understand you probably don't want to talk Bo Davis and the shit he pulled.

Ding, ding, ding. GDF is my friend. :D;)
    No, they aren't all the same but at some level you can compare the transgression and the punishment. It has been inconsistent at best and court documents show malice from the NCAA in punishing USC. What Tunsil did last year and the benefits he asked for and received are far worse than what Reggie was accused of. People on this forum agreed with the NCAA when they said USC "should have known" even though there was no rule on the books to that effect. In this case, Tunsil went directly to staff and asked for impermissible benefits....and received them! Geebus H Feist.

Why yes, that's true. If I get the chance to pee on Paul Dee's grave....I will. Calm yourself now.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Reggie bush and USC got what they deserved regardless the inconsistencies of the NCAA.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You need to do a bit of research. Start with Johanningmeir.
    The statute of limitations doesn't matter to the NCAA. Which comes back indirectly to my point. You can't compare one case of the NCAA's ruling to another. It just doesn't work that way. Sometimes a school can stonewall, sometimes they can't. Ask McGarrity how that worked out.
    It's a secondary violation that's getting news because the coach was given one of two options; he chose to resign.

In a logical world there would be some type of baseline that you could look at and get an idea on how the NCAA rules. A logical world. You simply can't do that.

(An em dash is ALT +0151 fwiw. Your profession should know this. :D )

The question on Tunsil, as it is with every NCAA investigation, is who's pissed off. In his case it's UGA. They've been ticked off about his signing for years now. Late flip; got paid.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Hyperbole? Or you're a dumb ass.

Given the track record ...

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

When this argument falls on deaf ears for another team in the same postion ... point this same thing out ... it's received in the same manner. Where were you defending Miami when the same underhanded investigative practices were going on? Same crew, dear. Same people. You and I have talked for years and I don't know the answer to that question.

Did you like their overreach with Penn State? That's a pointed question because it's two different subjects. You compare Bo Davis in the same reference to Ole Miss? Give me a Tank Black, and I'll agree ... that's agent involvement.

You remember Kentucky paying? Pales ...

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

All that said, Bo Davis is a ... @lsutiga @tirk @red55 (he's still lurking) You remember why Davis was fired a few years ago? It boiled down to he lost Mississippi. The one that's popped up is a 2014 kid.

Watch what Lucky puts out on 247 ... do the math on where his source is.

Didn't sign.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You're right it has been inconsistent. But do you honestly think that Ole Miss should get a similar punishment for his mom's electric getting paid? Now I think there should be some kind of punishment and a severe one if they find more, but I would agree if they find anything similar to what happened to Reggie the punishment should be the same.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Lol, being called a dumb ass by a Gump. You made my morning. It's like being called a male slut by Wilt Chamberlin.

Richdog likes this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Color me surprised.

I told you three years ago there was bullshit going on at Ole Miss after NSD and you came across with this "Bama fan....blah shit, blah shit, blah shit."

That taste on your face is egg.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Clarity.