Laremy Tunsil admits to accepting money from Ole Miss coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Apr 29, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I was going to borrow a book from TJ Yeldon or Amari Cooper but I heard it's easier to get basic memorabilia from Tom Al-Betar.

Now, I understand that Reggie got hammered despite the fact that NO competitive advantage was gained. I just wonder if I surveyed something like 201 Alabama student athletes from 16 sports including football to see if they might like $40K in benefits, and 22 of them who received almost $22k despite their knowledge of the impermissibility, would they agree to the death penalty?

I imagine that University of Alabama officials would be disappointed at the severity of the penalties given no competitive advantage was gained for any sport and "not one athlete pocketed one dollar" in the scheme but would Mal Moore speak up on behalf of USC in their overly harsh penalties? I think not.

2. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

It is pretty interesting how slime never gets nailed to the wall in these situations. This goes for the gumps and I guess we might add ole piss to the mix here. Tunsil's comments must have had every lawyer on the ole piss campus and alumnus collective sphincter contracting. These comments were either the definition of idiocy or someone who has gotten there's and doesn't give a damn about what their previous institution did for them. Either way great pick up fish.

tirk likes this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Sources: Ole Miss confirms Laremy Tunsil texts, checking for changes
    • Email
    • comment
    1:36 PM ET
    • Mark Schlabach and Nicole Noren
    Ole Miss officials have determined that a text message conversation published to Miami Dolphins rookie Laremy Tunsil's Instagram account during the NFL draft did happen last year, sources told ESPN's Outside the Lines, but the school is still looking into whether the messages were altered before they were published.

In the conversations, which supposedly occurred in February and April 2015, Tunsil asked Ole Miss assistant athletic director John Miller for money to pay rent and his mother's $305 utility bill. Miller responds to Tunsil's request by replying, "See Barney next week," an apparent reference to Ole Miss assistant athletic director for high school and junior college relations Barney Farrar.

Farrar told ESPN's Joe Schad last month that he has not given Tunsil money and that Tunsil did not ask him for money. According to Farrar's Ole Miss biography, he "plays a vital role in recruiting, which has helped Ole Miss land three straight top-15 signing classes."
    http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...emy-tunsil-text-messages-checking-alterations

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

altered? next the my friends hacked my account excuse.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

ding, ding, ding....

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You've proven both of my points. One, no two cases are alike. Therefore they can't be compared. And two, you've mentioned cases where there were issues and sanctions were applied.

You've brought up an interesting question. Why on earth would any AD speak out about another schools issues with the NCAA if they were not asked about those sanctions?

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well, looks like Cam Robinson and some other gump got arrested, think it may have been drug and weapon charges. You know I usually take the stance of "just keep quiet" cause if you laugh...

Screw that. Hahaha thug ass gumps.

Now let's see how much of his junk nick has to lay on the table to make it all go away.

@tirk odds for him and hootie being on the field before any substantial games are played.

Also, odds @TerryP tries to whitewash it

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Pootie hasn't been a major contributor and has had problems in the past, he my get nailed by little nicky. Cam is a starter and will probably miss nothing more than the first snap of the first significant game.

Oh yes and you still can't start a new damn thread! Holy shit, is anyone responsible for IT here?

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nick will take the keys to his Lexus and make him drive a Camry for a week.

10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Busted in Funroe. Doubt they are gonna fix things like they do in Gumpville.