Larry Dauterive

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by PURPLE TIGER, Oct 22, 2010.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

is he related to Bill from King of the Hill?

4. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Third cousin, twice removed.
    :wave:

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Here's a video of the what he said: Videos - Video: East St. John\'s Larry Dauterive at New Orleans Quarterback Club

In the video he comments on the obvious educational issues that high schools in poor neighborhoods face: lack of parental supervision, lack of study/school assistance, basic lack of hope, etc. He makes a case that he is much more than just a football coach to these kids. He goes into detail about having to issue disciplinary action to a couple of DBs and it snowballed into six defensive starters being dismissed from the team after a short-lived rebellion. You can tell that he cares for the kids and works hard to get them into some type of athletic program on the next level. Such an opportunity is exactly what a lot of these kids need to break the cycle of poverty and lack of education in their family. Failing to continue their education means they fall back into minimum wage jobs, living check to check or worse.

For this people were upset enough that he chose to quit.

Some team will be lucky to have him next year...

6. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

It's ridiculous that it came to this. I just don't get it. I guess there is a lot of people that just can't handle the truth. That is all he did was tell the truth.

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Sounds to me like he's going to a private school.

9. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

The problem is he spoke the truth and the truth is not what the school board wanted out in the open. Sad thing is if he would have been black and made those comments it would have been a non issue!!!

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's what they don't understand, he's far from racist. If he was he wouldn't have been comfortable saying them.

I've worked in predominantly black schools and white & black teachers talk "real" with one another. If i posted the way I spoke in real life most would think I'm very racist. I've used the word nigga with friends/coworkers who are black and it's as have they with me. I always feel so phony in a situation that I feel the need to say "The 'N' word" cause I say it in many other situations.

To me the ones who say it or to be commended cause they're either not racist or not hiding and using it behind closed doors then pretending while out in public. We're all prejudiced to some degree in terms of we associate with people who have things in common with us. Guys who like sports usually hang out with others who do also, for example.

That's a good coaching gig so I'm sure they'll have a lot of interest from top notch coaches but may be surprised how hard it is to find one who can handle all the "cultural" baggage that goes with it. The parents may end up with a much more tolerant coach but it will not serve their kids better in the long run, nor the team for that matter.