Larto Lake

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Dec 8, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Bite is on. Went this past weekend and caught 35 white perch & 20 channel catfish. Sorry, no pictures, camera battery wasn't charge and I didn't realize it.

Stayed at Uncle Bud's Cabins. Talk about nice people and nice accomodations. Dock has a padded slot for each cabin to keep a boat. Also has a lighted, covered shed with two sinks and running water to clean fish.

>Fishing resort, hunting resort and cabin rentals. Jonesville, LA.<

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

man grew up on that lake, good times.

3. LSUTiga

Bet you caught a lot of white perch.

We used to leave a camper at Leon Woodson's. Great guy, just wanted to fish at Larto without having to run 30+ miles by boat. I'd gone as close as Buzzard Roost but had never gone to Larto itself.

Water is still 3 feet below average but they were catching some nice slabs...up until Saturday, naturally. The weather changed and I knew we were chancing it but the guy I was going with couldn't go Thursday.

4. LaSalleAve

My best friend used to have a camp that right across from the point of the island. I remember once we had a party out there, and some buddies of mine decided we were going to come back to Pineville at 3 a.m. instead of crash there, and it was raining hard. I'm driving my old Bronco 2 down the beanfield road, and I lose control and end up in a ditch. So we had to walk 4 miles in the rain back to the camp, and on the way back, we saw Predator blood on the road.

I never traditionally fished that much, but I set tons of yo yos there, and we did snag quite a bit of fish.

5. LSUTiga

I've fished both ways but we set yo yos last weekend. I enjoy yo yos too.

6. LaSalleAve

see that's my kind of fishin' go set some yo yos, come back to camp, get blitzkreig'd then go back out and voila, dinner.

7. LSUTiga

Me too. I'd brought a gumbo and some cooked rice so it was a quick one but a good one. Cooked breakfast on a black skillet/open fire in the morning after picking them up. Red would be proud.

btw, caught everything to the right of the island when leaving Uncle Bud's. Two locals told us the left so I only put a few figuring they may be steering us away from "their" fish. When I took off in the opposite direction they'd said the guy with me was like wtf? I said trust me. :hihi:

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. wmcfer17

wmcfer17 Mr. Manageable

. We went out at 10:00 A.M. and fished till noon. Came in for lunch and went back at 2:30 P.M. and fished till 5:30 P.M. until the rain started again. We caught the fish fishing shallow. My wife and I fished Monday morning and caught 38 and I fished Tuesday morning and caught 24.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

Thanks. A friend an I are supposed to be heading out that way Sunday. Taking our oldest daughters- they're classmates and good friends. Supposed to be frigid.

We're going to park a camper at Uncle Bud's.