Last Chance U

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by fanatic, Jul 19, 2019.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I finally got around to watching the first four episodes of season 4. Jason Brown may be the only person in the world that says “fuck” more than me. But I’m a lot more creative.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Easy to see why Brown has become unhireable but you would think a coach as successful as Buddy Stevens would have moved up at least to an FCS team. At least he would make above 6 figures instead of below. He has won 5 national championships. He is the Nick Saban of JUCO football. For coaches at top 25 FCS teams the pay can run from $300k up to $750k.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You really like him? I guess a lot of it has to do with editing, but I just can't get with his style. Like he called one a kid a 'fat fuck' with his parents in the stands because he made a mistake on the field. He called another one a 'sorry sack of shit' for a fumble. The list goes on. You can hold you kids accountable without all of that. He does the same thing with his coaches. And when things are going bad for his team, he berates them and has a negative attitude, so they usually end up self destructing and he's clueless as to why. I guess they don't show enough of his 'good moments' to balance out the bad. It could be that he doesn't have any.

Hard not to like KD. I won't spoil it for you as to where he ends up, but they tell you in the later episodes.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I played football in high school and I've been called worse than a fat fuck or a sorry sack of shit. One time we were practicing punt returns. Before the ball got to me I looked to see where the defense was coming from and I fumbled. The ball went through my hands and hit me in the balls. The coach stood overme which I was with in agony screaming every name in the book. But I never fumble again from a rest of the season.

5. fanatic

I hear what you're saying, but to me, it's just different coming from that dude. It's hard to explain. If I respect the person calling me a fat fuck or a sorry sack of shit because I know they're trying to make me a better player, then its all good. But Brown does not earn respect. He tries to demand it and that usually doesn't work.

That team had more talent than any JuCo team in the nation, including national champs East Mississippi, and they went 2-9. The reason was because Jason Brown does not inspire loyalty and divided the team with how he is. A lot of times, they imploded because he imploded and he never could figure that out. I doubt he'll ever be a head coach again at any level. Dude is a clown.

CajunlostinCali, kcal and Bengal B like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

True dat. I liked him less and less with each episode.

Do you know that there are only 65 junior colleges that play football? None in Louisiana. They mostly seem to be in Mississippi, Kansas, Arizona and California.

GiantDuckFan and fanatic like this.
  7. fanatic

Did not know that. Hard to believe there are that few.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Surprised me too but I guess football is too expensive for most JUCO's. Coaches salaries, equipment, facilities, and travel. Mississippi is a smaller state geographically and all the teams in their league are in thbe same state so travel by bus is relatively short and cheap. Kansas is a bit larger and less populated but I think some of the teams in the Kansas league are in Iowa.

There are a lot more basketball and baseball playing JUCO's. Some years back San Jacinto JC near Houston was a hotbed for basketball recruiting by the big schools needing a player. LSU Eunice has been very good in baseball in the last few years and even have won a natty. It would be interesting if they would make a show following them.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

This week I watched the first season of the Netflix series QB1, Beyond the lights. It followed 3 high profile high school quarterbacks through their seni0r seasons. The 3 were Jake Fromm, who we all know from watching him lead Georgia to the national championship game in 2017 as a freshman. Tate Martell, who went to Ohio State and when Justin Fields transfered from Georgia to Ohio State transferred to Miami where he was beaten out by a true freshman for the starting job.
    The third guy was Tayshawn Bower from someplace in Pennsylvania. He signed with Wake Forest and played in 2 games last season as a redshirt freshman.

I would love to see the show follow an LSU commit but we haven't had anybody on that level since JaMarcus Russell.