Last Leg of Osamacare Signup

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

red55 likes this.
  2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

It's still way to early to break out the champagne there son, besides anything can be made into a success when you continuously push back deadlines, drop certain mandates until X amount of time down the road, keep extending the "healthy age" to which who will anchor most of the monetary support, and no one knows all of the numbers yet on how many first time insured are in these numbers.

gyver and Winston1 like this.
  3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Let's see. It took a 1/2 dozen delays and threat of fines to get people to sign up.
    Yep. That's progress
    Wait till the premiums and deductibles start taking a toll on the ol' bank account.

"Sorry Timmy. No Disney land this summer. Gotta pay for that Obamacare"

GregLSU and Winston1 like this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Funny how all the AHCA supporters were calling for delay in judgment when the problems, fuck ups and delays were in the forefront. Yet today they are doing victory laps with this news (much unsupported) in spite of the delays and continued fuck up.
    BTW I hold by my statements that the trend of the implementation is still in a negative direction and it will be a failure in its present form.

gyver and GregLSU like this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Just wait until the employer mandates go into effect, funny how that part of Obamacare was delayed until after the Nov. primaries.

gyver likes this.
  6. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Wasn't it you and Red saying you cannot evaluate the law until a few years after its been implemented? Yet now its a crowning achievement because it was required "by law" to sign up?

Further, they pushed the Mandate just for this very reason, November.

I know you say you are not a Democrat, but you sure gloat like one.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not at all. It still needs time to be fully implemented and assessed over a longer period. Meanwhile it has had both problems and successes, as might be expected. It's crowning achievement will come down the road somewhere when the GOP regains the Congress and does not repeal the ACHA because there is more of it working than not and what's not can be fixed.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  9. Tiger in NC

this is funny to me because this has been the rhetoric from you guys from the onset of Obamacare......"better watch out for what is around the corner because it ain't pretty....." Now you are essentially saying the same thing. the funny part is that these dire predictions continually turn out to be false.

I have said all along, and I will continue to say, that it will be a while before we know and understand the full ramifications of the law. I also believe it will be necessary to make changes to the law as it is fully implemented and we are able to identify weaknesses.....that's just good governing. That said, for all the doomsday predictions from you guys about how we were all going to be sorry and the the law is perpetually on the verge of failure us just bull shit.

We now know, according to the study I published, that roughly 35% of the new enrollees are young people, ages 18-34, and considered the healthy demographic. This is important because it surpasses the total needed to maintain good rates for the pool. Now Republicans want us to believe there will be an enormous rate hike next year. How long will this go on? Who knows.
    But back to my original point. As the good news pours in for Obamacare, and more importantly, as the Repuplican lies about the ACA are dispelled, it will make it increasingly difficult for the Republican candidates to stand on their high horse and scream Obamacare and expect to win in November. Like it or not it's the truth.

10. Tiger in NC

oh, so now your saying it won't be until next year the the health care armegeddon get's under way? I thought it was supposed to be after the botched web site rollout.....or was it after the first enrollment numbers fell short? Maybe it was when the deadline was supposed to come and go and there weren't enough young people or that the rates would sky rocket immediately.....I can't remember because those are all lies that have been disproven.