Last Leg of Osamacare Signup

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Do you know why I gloat on this site, Winston? I'll be kind enough to tell. From the outset, you guys have found reason after reason why the law would fail. The proverbial doom was, and is, always around the next corner. With each failure that the ACA has encountered, you guys scream at the top of your lungs, "I told you so!" The funny part is, with each success, you guys scream "Just wait, the bad part is just around the corner." Where is your objectivity about this law? I'll grant it to you personally....you, Winston, have more objectivity than most around here.

What's so incredibly puzzling to me is that this subject...healthcare....is something that affects us all. That we should politicize it is unforgivable and the Dems aren't blameless on this. That we aren't all rooting for the law to work and being flexible enough to make changes as they arise is troubling to me. The fact that Republicans have actually staged events on college campuses to try and persuade the young and healthy NOT to sign up is troubling. This is our healthcare we are talking about here, not the keystone pipeline.

You ask what portions of the law need changing and I repeat to you that it is still too early to tell for sure. That said, there are portions of the law that I believe we need to be watching closely. Some of these questions have, to some degree or another, already been answered but at least you will have a better understanding of the metrics I am watching.

1 - Enrollment numbers - this one, at least for now, seems to be answered with the first enrollment period hitting 8 million. Does this trend continue?

2 - Will the healthcare coverage be sufficient for everyone? Is our medical infrastructure able to handle a huge influx of newly insured people? Will there be gaps is coverage sufficiency and how will we address them?

3 - Educating the newly insured about what their coverage does and doesn't entail. Health care coverage can be difficult to understand, especially for those who've never been insured and aren't familiar with the lingo and terminology.

4 - States that didn't expand medicaid. People who would have qualified for medicaid will still go to the emergency room for treatment and continue to contribute to rising health care costs which will lead to higher premiums for everyone in those states.

5 - Employer mandate. How will employers handle it when the mandate takes effect? This, to me, is currently the biggest hurdle. Contrary to popular belief, I think the administration was wise to delay this mandate to allow employers longer to adjust accordingly. I have already done so for my business but for a larger organization I can understand the need for more time.

6 - What if it works in some states and not in others? I also think this is a very real possibility.

As you can tell, we cannot draw a definitive determination about any of these issues but, as I said, we should be monitoring.

2. Tiger in NC

I am sure it feels pointless to you because you cannot offer evidence to support your position. The word "sheeple" actually refers to the herd mentality that sheep exhibit so I think you actually want to call me a sheep. Racism is not exclusive to any political party but the Republicans do seem to be embracing it lately. I am not a fan of kool-aid, but I do have a problem putting down Sprite, which I find to be a very refreshing lemon-lime beverage. Lastly, mine is more man-shit than bull-shit, and yes, I have no choice but to believe it.....it's right there and it stinks.

3. Tiger in NC

if the shoe fits.....

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Everytime I read one of your posts it comes out sounding like one of the adults talking on a Charlie Brown special. Woh wah wuh...

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

They are two issues. Anti-choice is clearly also an issue for men. Anti-woman includes republican attempts to limit birth control, promote "abstinence" legislation, defund family planning, water down the definition of rape, trivilaize violence against women, and their polices on workplace discrimination against women.

If you insist. The shoe often fits.

Lame-ass response. I can make a case for each of those issues. Want to try me?

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Clearly its all the Republicans fault. At least, if I listened to you.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Oh no I get it dude. Having women pay for their own abortions and birth-control is totally out of line. Further, we clearly need laws to help women not accept jobs because the GOP is out to get them for lower wages. Further, we love it when women are raped and beaten.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Two pees ina pod...

[​IMG]

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

How can you expect objectivity when they "had to pass it to know what was in it"???

Further, Obama didn't even know if it was a tax, mandate, or an ice-cream Sunday.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I quite agree. Medical issues should never be tied to the religious beliefs of others.

This is the message that the Republicans send. Are they blind? The electorate is not.