Last Leg of Osamacare Signup

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

MLU talk about the pot calling the kettle black. My friend you just pigeonholed me..wrongly. You are either confused or assume that I march in lockstep with Rush Limbaugh despite my many posts against the death penalty, understanding that global warming is a major issue and man has a hand in the excess CO2 causing it, that I am ok with gay marriage, that I am for legalized marijuana, understand the 2nd amendment has limits (as they all do) and many others.
    I am proudly conservative in the true meaning of the word I reject change for change sake but understand as time and society changes we need to as well. My opinion changed over time on all of the subjects I noted above because I look at things with open mind and am willing to learn. I do feel the ideals that this country was founded on and has tried to honor are worthy of using as the basis of our society (part of being conservative). I believe the opening words of the Declaration of Independence are a call to an ideal we should still strive for; that the constitution is a living document that still provides the best form of government possible.."if we can hold it" as B Franklin said. Finally I do believe that the US is still the "shining beacon on the hill".
    If you think we are so broken as you have written in some of your posts then I am sorry for you because you have lost the hope this country was founded on and grew to such greatness with. BTW your father wasn't a fool for working hard as he did and holding on to his belief in the promise of our country. He sounds like one of the many great men that have been the foundation of our society.

Bengal B and LSUpride123 like this.
  2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Ummm... I didn't pigeonhole you. I didn't say you belonged to any group. As far as I know, the only group you belong to are the group of people who don't read and comprehend very well and I have ample evidence of that.

red55 likes this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@LaSalleAve Maybe the best reason to be against the AHCA....insurers' policies under the law won't cover medical marijuana!!!!

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Of course, no policies outside of ACHA do so either . . .

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It was an effing joke Red get over yourself!

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well that's a travesty.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

LSUTiga likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Anyone know the merits of this?

[​IMG]

http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KK_OQB...uaHRtbA--/RS=^ADAwkUanJMM5DUNJWuPNEI_lIXYrZM-

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

From Wikipedia, on Daily Kos:

Daily Kos /ˈkoʊs/ is an American political blog that publishes news and opinions from a liberal point of view.[2][3][4][5] It functions as a discussion forum and group blog for a variety of netroots activists whose efforts are primarily directed toward influencing and strengthening the Democratic Party with a particular focus on progressive policies and candidates.

gyver likes this.