Last Leg of Osamacare Signup

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Mar 12, 2014.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

2. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I really really want to tell y'all some things about this law and it's implementation, but am bound by a clause in my contract not to. May 9 I may be able to shed some insight that will blow some of yall's minds... and not surprise others at all.

gyver likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Why do you think I asked you the question? I haven't seen them reported anywhere...................

7 mil is cool, but if that number is still as low as it was, then I don't see how it will be a good thing.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

LOL that survey is wrong...... That number is more than the TOTAL number of people who signed up for Obama care....

Your Link links to: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...l-20140331,0,6550360,full.story#axzz2xYx7CcJb

I'd ask you to read it, but who am I kidding. The author of the article can't even do math.......

"At least 6 million people have signed up for health coverage on the new marketplaces, about one-third of whom were previously uninsured. "

"A February survey by consulting firm McKinsey & Co. found 27% of new enrollees were previously uninsured"

so 27% is now a 1/3 instead of really being closer to a quarter....LOL

"At least 4.5 million previously uninsured adults have signed up for state Medicaid programs, according to Rand's unpublished survey data, which were shared with The Times."

Just LOL

There is much more wrong with that guys work.

Anyway, what you linked was dishonest and not accurate. Check your sources.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...tional-20140331,0,5472960.story#ixzz2xhKaUDGC

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    KyleK likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Because you are just baiting me. You haven't bothered to find out the numbers to discover if you have a point or not and you expect me to do it for you. Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

8. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...tional-20140331,0,5472960.story#axzz2xh5AgH2D

Here you go Winston. If you had actually bothered to read the article you would have seen that the figures they use are from Rand, an independent corporation who has been conducting surveys on the health law since it's inception. I have attached this separate LA Times article which echoes the article I cited previously.

That said, no one answered my question about why everyone is so pissed about these figures. The level of anger toward the new numbers is palpable, even on this page. I want to know why? What do you have against people getting insurance, Winston? You will probably complain that your premiums are going up. Well, they've been going up for decades and somehow it was never the governments fault before now. In fact, the rise of premiums slowed for the first time in decades this past year, at least partly because of the new health care law. So what's your big beef, here?

You guys are losing credibility at an alarming rate, and it is happening because you are drinking the kool-aid too much and, time after time, it is making a fool of the right. How many times have conservatives denied the best information available, swearing that they were right and that the information to prove their correctness would be forthcoming soon enough, only to learn that they were off base all along? Let's see: The 2012 election which conservatives were so sure was a W until election day when the numbers started rolling in; The IRS "scandal" which we waited and waited for the smoking gun which never turned up and never will; The Benghazi fake scandal that we wasted untold millions investigating only to maintain a conservative talking point; Obamacare was going to devestate the economy and jobs....sorry didn't happen. Obamacare was doomed because of it's rollout.....didn't happen. Obamacare will never reach their totals......yes it did. Now you want us to believe that the next thing that you warn us about will be the one to watch for. Dems have done it too, but the Repubs are hanging their hat on it the last several years.

I've never said the law was perfect; quite the contrary. In fact, since digging into it and learning how it will affect my business and the policies I buy for my employees, I've actually become less a fan. That said, this is still good legislation.....all in all. It's costing me a few more bucks because I had to update my employees policies but the difference is minimal and my employees now have better coverage that leaves them and me less exposed to emergency medical costs.

Change is always difficult. It is not in our nature to enjoy change IMO. But at what point are we going to quit jabbing the law, and start taking an honest to God look at where it's flaws are and how we collectively fix them. I admit that change to the law will likely have to happen after Obama is out of office because it bears his namesake and it's personal to him at this point. But can't we at least start having a more thoughtful conversation about something as serious as our health care? You're a smart guy, Winston, and I've always considered you a thoughtful and honest debater. You're health care is just as important as mine and everyone else's. We need to be talking about ways to make it better and more efficient and take the politics out of it.

red55 likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You are an anonymous internet character, who cares about your "contract"?

Tiger in NC likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It wasn't a bait. I just do what you do on a daily basis.....