Last Leg of Osamacare Signup

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Mar 12, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Or how they couldn't tell us a number WAY into the sign-up period.

Even now, I'm not buying those numbers as legit. No fucking way I believe anything out of that muther phuckers lips without proof from an reputable outside source.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

So it is all those stupid citizens and rascally Republicans fault. There is nothing wrong with the AHCA and our president hasnever made a mistake or stepped in the shit?

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You don't listen very well. I spoke every clearly and I said something else.

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

By your own definition, Winston, "numbers are numbers no matter how you try to shade them."

http://www.rand.org/blog/2014/04/survey-estimates-net-gain-of-9-3-million-american-adults.html

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

LOL "For example, while we estimate 9.3 million individuals become newly insured, the margin of error is 3.5 million people.[2]"

so 9.3 +/- 3.5 lol...

Anyway. The only number that matters is how many new people are paying for coverage that perviously were not. If the majority of signups are subsidized, then I do not see how it is a positive.

6. Tiger in NC

yes, and the sentence right after that one states that, if anything, their estimates are short because they didn't totally account for the surge at the end of March. polls have margins of error. just as surely as it could mean the true number is 5.8 million, it could also mean that it is actually 12.8 million...so......

and now there is only one number that matters? wow, just a few weeks ago you guys were spouting off all kinds of numbers that mattered and now we've finally narrowed it down to one single variable: how many have paid. what the hell are you going to say when that number turns out to be 90%? what then? then you will be out of numbers to throw around because you've now made one single metric the be-all, end-all of statistics as it relates to Obamacare.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No No. Not just paid. Who never paid to begin with. That is the entire purpose.

90% is laughable and will never be true as close to 50% went to medicade alone

8. Tiger in NC

90% of those who enrolled in insurance plans, exclusive of medicaid, is not laughable. in fact, it is the percentage of new insurees who have already paid their first premiums on the exchanges run by the states.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No where in the study does it mention that 90% of the 9.3 million have paid.

That doesn't add up with the 4.5 Million on Medicaid. Then you have to add the subsidized people on Obama care.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/americans-medicaid-exceed-population-uk

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  10. Tiger in NC

please read my posts more carefully. of the states who set up exchanges for the outset of the sign up period, whose citizens didn't have to rely on all of the hiccups of the federal exchange, roughly 90% of new enrollees (excluding new medicaid recipients) have paid their first premiums. most of those who have signed up for the federal exchange have not paid a premium but only because they've not been given a chance to do so yet since their coverage didn't begin until April 1.

red55 likes this.