Last Week Everyone Said I was stupid - What's the Excuse now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BFM08, Nov 14, 2009.

1. TigerTime

TigerTime Founding Member

The people that start these threads must be kids. Do any of you not remember the last days of Mike Archer, Curley Hallman, the tail end of Dinardo? This team is 8-2, with the potential to go 10-2 and go to a New Year's day bowl. Back in the day, the Independence Bowl was considered a successful season. We've won to MNCs in recent years, and now the fan base expects one every year. That does not happen in college football, folks. I have no problem with objective criticism of the team. Unlike some nut cases who post here, I think that it is a good thing. It's what these boards are for, in part. But these "the sky is falling" rants are ridiculous. I guess that some of you guys have never suffered through a 4-8 or 3-9 season.

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

There's no way JJ could have played last night. He shouldn't have even been dressed. He was so hobbled, he couldn't even run out of the tunnel with the team (He limped out just behind the captains. He will be getting lots of treatment this week. We better hope he's 90% to be able to next week at OM.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I wasn't at the game, so I didn't see team run out of tunnel.

I was only going by what I had read. I was under the impression that if it were a conference game, JJ would have played.

But since it was just LaTech, and we would win even if we played our worst game since 2000, we went with Lee.

4. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Let's all go back through our old posts and bring up points where we think were 'right' about something. Clearly, each of them deserve a thread. TigerForums will be so much more interesting to read.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'll be doing that with an Obama thread some day.:hihi:

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

maybe we should finally give a gameball to verge ausberry who scheduled troy and la tech after bama the last two years when it's plain and obvious had we played anyone above their caliber or an SEC foe, we would have lost.

if you want les miles gone soon i have bad news, it won't happen anytime soon.

even if he loses to ole miss and arky he'll have 2010 and honestly i think we'd keep him even with anything more than 6-6 next year. same thing in 2011.

if you really want a change you'll have to cheer against your team until then or hope that RR gets fired and he leaves for michigan before then.

OR

you could realize that LSU is poised to make a run in '10 and '11 and actually cheer for miles.

on on the other side of that, if miles doesn't win the west in the next two seasons, there will be more of you wanting his head and i honestly think you could get your way if we see bama beat us the next two years with no trips to ATL.

this city will be overrun with pink slime like in ghostbusters 2 by then and i think alleva would be proactive enough to step in and not renew miles' contract which ends then (i think).

or we could win the west/SEC next year and miles would get an extension and you'd be really mad then.

7. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

Um, that should be "you're". Just sayin

8. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Me, too. They make me realize how much I value the regular posters here.

There's nothing like a visit to the mental ward to make you value your own sanity.

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I sit in the North above the tunnel. I can tell you that his ankle is probably 50% right now, based upon my observations. I'm not a doctor but I do play one on TV.

We need to be optimistic and pray that JJ heals quickly. He's our best shot against OM, but he is gonna have some serious tape on those ankles. He mobility will be restricted. My biggest concern outside of him not playing is that he will only get a limited no of reps this week, to try and save the ankle. he needs as many reps at practice as he can get to keep improving, especially since he was out all week last week.

10. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

Since when did all great football minds start getting MBA's from Columbia?
    There are plenty of *&^holes from Columbia......and you sound like one of them.
    Get over yourself. Football opinions and football knowledge do not have anything to do with MBA's. That is what makes sports so great. Now, please attach your columbia MBA to your profile so I can take your opinion of our offense seriously.